Far more important than the “Culture Wars” is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the eternal destiny of men and women — i.e., whether they will be reconciled with their Creator.
I remember when I first understood what “being saved” meant — saved from my sin through a divine “new birth” (2 Corinthians 5:11-21) in Jesus Christ. The Lord took my sin upon Himself with His death on a cross before rising from the dead (Easter). The leap from attempting to earn your way to heaven to gratefully and humbly relying upon God’s perfect righteousness through Christ is a monumental but necessary one in the life of the believer.
Nowadays the term “saved” is often used by jaded secularists and religion-bashers who throw around crude caricatures of committed Christians as a prop to promote their errant worldviews. But that has no bearing on the truth of the Gospel and the Scriptures — and the reality of Jesus Christ, the living Son of God — and the most important man who ever lived — whose Resurrection we celebrate today. Ultimately, all men and women need to make a decision about Jesus because, ultimately, all of us fall short of God’s holy standard and need Christ’s atoning work on the cross.
Please pray with me that many would heed these passages and accept God’s wondrous salvation plan for their lives! — Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth
Roman Road follows jump:
The following is reprinted from the website All About God (www.allaboutgod.com), and we refer you there for further questions about the Gospel:
The Roman Road: A Well-engineered Path to Salvation
The Roman Road is a collection of verses in Paul’s Epistle to the Romans that offers a clear and structured path to Jesus Christ. Although many people believe they will go to heaven because they have lived a good life, done charity work, been baptized as a child, attended church, or treated others fairly, the Bible declares that none of us can live up to God’s standards of righteousness. Therefore, we need a road to God that doesn’t rely on anything we do, but rather, relies on the gift of His grace alone.
The Roman Road: Follow this Map
The Roman Road provides a detailed map for our salvation and eternal fellowship with God. Just follow these steps:
1. We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything, accepting our humble position in God’s created order and purpose. Romans 1:20-21:
2. We must realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. None of us are worthy under God’s standards. Romans 3:23:
3. God gave us the way to be forgiven of our sins. He showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. Romans 5:8:
4. If we remain sinners, we will die. However, if we repent of our sins, and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will have eternal life. Romans 6:23:
5. Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you are saved. Romans 10:9-10:
6. There are no other religious formulas or rituals. Just call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved! Romans 10:13:
7. Determine in your heart to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today. Romans 11:36:
The Roman Road: Are You Ready?
The Roman Road shows you the path – are you ready to accept God’s gift of Salvation now? If so, believe in what Jesus Christ did for you on the cross, repent of your sins, and commit the rest of your life to Him. This is not a ritual, just a prayerful guideline for your sincere step of faith:
If you decided to receive Jesus today, welcome to God’s family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment:
For more information about the Gospel and Christianity, go to the All About God website.
Want to See Every New AFTAH Article?
If you don't want to miss anything posted on the Americans For Truth website, sign up for our "Feedblitz" service that gives you a daily email of every new article that we post. (This service DOES NOT replace the regular email list.) To sign up for the Feedblitz service, click here.
|Copyright © 2006-2011 Americans for Truth. All Rights Reserved.|