Friday, February 14th, 2014
Kirk honored by radical homosexual group that smear C-f-A’s “hate-filled homophobic ‘Chiken’” and tried to deny Christian-owned chain’s ‘freedom’ to do business in Illinois
Republican U.S. Sen. Mark KIrk of Illinois accepts “Freedom” award from the state’s leading homosexual lobby group, Equality Illinois. The group ran a nasty albeit unsuccessful “Flick the Hate” pressure campaign to run Chick-fil-A restaurants out of the state–by petitioning their stakeholders to deny the popular fast-food chain’s leases. Chick-fil-A is expanding in Illinois, and now has 32 restaurants in the state.
By Peter LaBarbera
- Call or write Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) [202-224-2854; Chicago 312-886-3506; online Comment Form HERE] and urge him to stop rewarding anti-Christian bigotry. Ask him to return this “Freedom Award” from the hateful anti-Christian homosexual group, Equality Illinois–which in 2012 launched a failed pressure campaign to kick Chick-fil-A restaurants out of Illinois.
- Call or write the Republican National Committee [Contact Form HERE] and its Chairman, Reince Priebus [202-863-8500; choose ext. "1"], and urge them to stand firm against the aggressive Homosexual Lobby, which is targeting Christian leaders and businesses like Chick-fil-A for demonization. Tell Priebus that when Republicans like Sen. Mark Kirk embrace Democratic-type social liberalism, it only deflates the pro-family GOP grassroots. Lastly, urge Priebus to PUBLICLY oppose ENDA, the radical Employment Non-Discrimination Act. Thank Chairman Priebus for being publicly pro-life–but urge him also to make the case against “Big Gay Government” (e.g., ENDA)–and Obama’s push to nationalize “same-sex marriage”–as part of the RNC’s regular public Talking Points.
Dear AFTAH Readers:
On Saturday evening (Feb. 8, 2014), U.S. Senator Mark Kirk (R-Illinois) was presented with the “Freedom” award by Equality Illinois, the state’s leading homosexual pressure group, at a swank fundraising banquet in Chicago. You can watch a video of the presentation below [or on YouTube HERE]. Sen. Kirk has become one of the most liberal Republicans on Capitol Hill on homosexual-related issues–with ever greater acts of pandering to the LGBT Lobby. (He came out for homosexual “marriage” and is pushing for passage of ENDA, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act [see homosexual activists release on Kirk and ENDA HERE], or–as we at AFTAH call it, alternatively the “Big Gay Government Act,” ”Gay Lawyers’ Dream Act,” or “ENDA Our Freedom Act”) [See an excellent Heritage Foundation report on the ENDA bill HERE.]
You might recall how Kirk–in a capitulation whose cowardice was eclipsed only by its pettiness–recently blocked the respected pro-family organization World Congress of Families from securing a meeting room on Capitol Hill. This towering act in defense of “freedom” (sarcasm) came after the Senator heard complaints against WCF from some homosexual activists. World Congress, affiliated with The Howard Center, is based in Rockford, Illinois.
Thus it appears that Sen. Kirk’s conception of “freedom” matches that of his intolerant homosexual activist allies. In 2012, Equality Illinois launched a vicious and slanderous campaign to deny Chick-fil-A restaurants the “freedom” to operate in Illinois. As you can see below, EQ falsely accused C-f-A of “discriminatory policies” because the latter’s Chief Operating Officer, Dan Cathy, had spoken out publicly against homosexual “marriage” as tempting the judgment of God. The Chicago “gay” group launched this “Flick the Hate” petition campaign designed to boot the Christian-owned chicken fast food franchise out of several college towns:
The above is a web graphic from radical homosexual group Equality Illinois’ 2012 “Flick the Hate” campaign against Chick-fil-A. Many observers were shocked that any group would try to run a successful business OUT of Illinois, whose economy is suffering under long-running Democratic political dominance.
As you can see, Equality Illinois’ malicious campaign smeared Chick-fil-A and its COO, Dan Cathy, as representing “hate”–merely because Cathy disagreed publicly with “gay marriage.” EQ sought to petition stakeholders into cancelling their rental leases to the 19 Chick-fil-A restaurants then operating in Illinois. (Thankfully, they failed; there are now 32 C-f-A franchises in Illinois, according to the company’s website.) The EQ page reads, in part (emphasis theirs):
Chick-fil-A has 19 restaurants across Illinois, mostly on university campuses and in shopping malls. This petition will be give to key stakeholders in Illinois who lease, rent or allow Chick-fil-A to continue to sell their hate-filled homophobic “Chiken,” asking them to cut ties….
That kind of hate has no place in a business, especially in Illinois. It is a shame to be associated with such extreme intolerance and hate.
Read the rest of this article »
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
The San Francisco-based Center for Sex & Culture bills itself as striving “to promote creativity, information and healthy sexual knowledge.”
AFTAH’s reoccurring “Queer Indeed” feature will be dedicated to “gay” and sexually radical LGBT events that are so bizarre that — dare I say — normal people couldn’t make them up if they tried. Keep in mind that in the strange world of sex radicals like Carol Queen (who sent out the e-mail below looking for volunteers at a San Francisco “Masturbate-a-Thon”), adherents to traditional (biblical) morality are the “extremists.”
One more thing: if you are tempted merely to laugh at the antics of the Libertine Left, consider that self-styled “progressives” dominate the “sex education” business and are pushing misguided ideas like the encouragement of masturbation to very young children in our public schools. Here is what SIECUS (Sexual Information and Education Council of the United States) advocates for teaching about “masturbation” to early grade school students ages 5-8 (see pages 50-52 on SIECUS’ online “Guidelines for Comprehensive Sexuality Education”):
Topic 2: Masturbation
Subconcept: Masturbation is one way human beings express their sexuality.
Level 1 [ages 5-8]
• Touching and rubbing one’s own genitals to feel good is called masturbation.
• Some boys and girls masturbate and others do not.
• Masturbation should be done in a private place.
– Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
The following is taken from an e-mail sent out by the Center for Sex & Culture (CSC), based in San Francisco, on November 15:
——– Original message ——–
From: Carol Queen <[email address------------->
Date: 11/15/2013 1:57 AM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Volunteer needs this weekend & next week @CSC
Tomorrow we have a big day of silent auction set-up at Dark Odyssey, which is being held at the Holiday Inn on Van Ness; we need auction-watchers from time to time over the weekend and also have a masturbate-a-thon going on there on Saturday afternoon and would be glad for some help. Are you available? Let me know! Thanks so very much!
*CSC Events at Dark Odyssey
Saturday, 11/16 The Masturbate-a-Thon at DO
AND all three days: CSC Silent Auction!
Wednesday, November 13th, 2013
Vicious GLN exemplifies left-wing hatred; refused to condemn 2011 brick attack against AFTAH
The radical “Gay Liberation Network is again targeting AFTAH’s banquet this Saturday for one of its protests. GLN’s leaders are so hateful that they refused to condemn the 2011 “gay” activist brick attack against AFTAH. The above notice is filled with misinformation. To view it on GLN’s site, go HERE. To view GLN’s Facebook entry about its protest, go HERE.
Special Note from AFTAH President Peter LaBarbera:
Folks, as you can see from the graphic above, copied off the website of the Chicago group Gay Liberation Network (GLN), we just received word that radical homosexual activists are again planning to protest our annual banquet (this Saturday, Nov. 16th; see AFTAH banquet information page; get a printable PDF banquet flier HERE). The GLN banquet protests have become sort of an annual tradition for AFTAH. But it appears that this year in their rush to publicize their protest, this motley crew of left-wing fanatics got their facts wrong. (Imagine that: the Left caught fibbing.) So I’ve taken the liberty to correct GLN’s mistakes below:
1) YES, Americans For Truth is holding its fund-raising dinner banquet this coming Saturday evening at Christian Liberty Academy (CLA), 502 W. Euclid Ave., Arlington Heights, IL. Doors open at 5:30; dinner is served at 6:30 PM. Tickets are $25 at the door or just $20 if you buy them online by midnight Thursday (tomorrow). And you can still sponsor a Table of 10 for $200. AFTAH banquets are wonderful, informative celebrations of truth, so please come and support us, and bring your friends and family!
(Interesting fact: AFTAH holds our annual event at CLA because several years ago, when we used to hold banquets in hotels, the petty homo-fascists at GLN would harangue the hotel about hosting a “hate group.” Twice we were booted out of hotels based on these malicious misinformation campaigns. Now we hold our banquet at CLA – and even there we were targeted with a glass-shattering brick attack by homosexual militants in the early morning of our banquet in October 2011 [more on this below]. Nobody is more “intolerant” than homosexual activists.)
This poor fellow stood outside Christian Liberty Academy during one of GLN’s protests against Americans For Truth. The Chicago media pretty much give the GLN a free pass by not exposing its extremism.
2) NO, this is NOT a joint fund-raiser between AFTAH and Illinois Family Institute. As much as we love our good friends at IFI and applaud them for all the great work they do throughout the state, they just had a fund-raiser last month! But we understand: all “homophobes” look alike to “progressives” like the GLN. (Of course, I jest: “homophobe” is the smear-term of choice for “gay” activists and their elitist fellow travelers on the Left – meant to deride and demonize their (mostly Christian) opponents as irrational, fearful bigots. The jaundiced term homophobe itself is so discredited that even the liberal-leaning Associated Press has largely given up using it in AP news stories.)
3) YES, our keynote speaker, Sandy Rios, claimed that the (media-hyped) Matthew Shepard “story was a fraud,” but she did so only after interviewing this writer on her AFR Talk program, “Sandy Rios in the Morning.” We discussed the findings of an amazing book by openly homosexual author Stephen Jimenez, The Book of Matt: Hidden Truths about the Murder of Matthew Shepard. In the book Jimenez reveals that, YES, pretty much the entire, convenient “Matthew-Shepard-was-murdered-just-because-he-was-gay” story was fraudulent. And what a coincidence: this “hate crime” tale was cynically exploited to demonize religious conservatives and link defenders of traditional sexual morality with “hate” and even violence toward homosexuals.
The bogus Matt-Shepard-hate-crime story was also repackaged as a tendentious play (The Laramie Project) that has been used to propagandize hundreds of thousands of schoolchildren and young adults in the same false “gay”-activist narrative. In fact, exploiting the false Matthew Shepard story has become big business on the Left.
4) So, indeed, YES, Sandy and I have publicized Jimenez’s well-researched findings that Shepard’s tragic 1998 death was very much “drug-related” – and hence was not a “hate crime.” Jimenez reveals the following about Shepard and his killers, fellow Laramie, Wyoming residents Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson, and the circumstances of the case:
- McKinney and Shepard knew each other (as opposed to McKinney meeting Matthew for the first time on the night of the murder);
- McKinney and Shepard were both involved in using and dealing drugs, especially methamphetamines (meth);
- The two had partied with each other and possibly even had sex with each other as part of the same Laramie drug and social scene; and
- Neither McKinney nor his accomplice and friend, Henderson (both are in jail for life for murdering Shepard), were known for hating homosexuals. (In fact, Henderson’s girlfriend’s mother was in a lesbian relationship and Russell lived with her for months and “there was no evidence whatsoever of Aaron or Russell expressing anti-gay feelings,” Aaron’s father, Bill McKinney, told Jimenez [p. 48].) Compare that to the liberal media/LGBT-promoted story line that McKinney and Henderson – somehow fueled by Religious Right homophobia, which fostered a “climate of anti-gay hate” – murdered Shepard “just because he was gay,” after the latter made a sexual pass at McKinney. [To order Jimenez’s fascinating book on Amazon, go HERE.]
5) Lastly, NO, Sandy Rios never asserted that there was some kind of “pro-gay” conspiracy – a “plan by liberals to kill Matt to use him as ‘propaganda’ for LGBT acceptance.” This is sheer GLN nuttiness. Nobody in his right mind (pardon the pun) would suggest that liberal activists are so diabolical that they would plot to kill the young homosexual Shepard to create a “gay” martyr and thus advance the LGBT agenda! But within hours of the bloody assault, as the Wyoming college student was fighting for his life in a hospital bed, the crime was quickly seized upon – first by close friends of Shepard, then by homosexual advocates, then by the media – as an alleged crime of “anti-gay hate.” Thus it became a pivotal “moment” in America for the Left to advance the LGBT agenda while stigmatizing moral-minded Americans as dangerous bigots. (Jimenez also reveals that even some Laramie police officials joined in promoting the “anti-gay hate crime” theme, perhaps as opportunists caught up in the gay-liberal media spin, or maybe to draw attention away from Laramie’s criminal drug culture.)
Read the rest of this article »
Tuesday, November 12th, 2013
Radical homosexual media activist Michelangelo Signorile writes that it is “abhorrent” that under the ENDA bill, “a Catholic school teacher who’s done a great job for years could still be fired under ENDA if the school’s principal discovers that she is a lesbian.”
By Matt Barber
The religious liberty death spiral continues.
One of the most dangerous and discriminatory pieces of legislation in modern times – the ironically tagged “Employment Non-Discrimination Act,” or ENDA – passed the U.S. Senate on Thursday by a vote of 64-32. Ten Republicans disgracefully joined liberal Democrats in this effort to ultimately outlaw the Judeo-Christian sexual ethic.
According to its leftist proponents, ENDA would merely insulate people who choose to engage in homosexual conduct (sexual orientation) or those who suffer from gender confusion (gender identity) against employment intolerance. In truth, however, this legislation effectively would codify the very thing it purports to combat: workplace discrimination.
Writing in the Huffington Post, popular homosexual radio personality Michelangelo Signorile confessed that, of any potential ENDA legislation that might reach President Obama’s desk for his pledged signature, “none should include any religious exemptions” whatsoever.
If Signorile and other “LGBT” activists get their way, this would mean that churches, mosques, synagogues, religious schools, Bible bookstores, as well as any and every other business in America with 15 or more employees, would be forced, under penalty of law, to abandon the biblical and traditional-values viewpoint on human sexuality, and hire (and otherwise not offend) those who openly flaunt expressly sinful and demonstrably self-destructive sexual behaviors.
Though in its current form ENDA contains an extremely weak religious exemption that might – and I mean might – partially protect some churches and religious organizations (until they’re sued by “gay” activists), this so-called exemption would leave most others – such as the aforementioned Bible bookstores and many Christian schools and para-church organizations – entirely unprotected. It would additionally crush individual business owners’ guaranteed First Amendment rights.
Read the rest of this article »
Wednesday, October 16th, 2013
This is how the Left takes over institutions: inept Army misconstrues “God Hates Fags” message with American Family Association’s Christian opposition to homosexuality
U.S. Army Smears Christian Americans: In this chilling photo acquired by Fox News reporter Todd Starnes, you can see the U.S. Army instructor’s slide with “American Family Association” (AFA) at the top. On the photo accompanying it is a sign reading, “No Special Laws for Fags,” from one of the Westboro Baptist Church’s notorious protests. AFA, like AFTAH and every major Christian pro-family group, has denounced Westboro and its unChristian message. See AFA’s video responding to the Army’s smear below. Photo: Fox News.
TAKE ACTION: Call or write your U.S. Congressman and Senators and demand a congressional investigation into the Obama administration’s use of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s spurious “hate” propaganda in the military and other government agencies to smear God-fearing Americans as “domestic haters.” For the House, call 202-225-3121; for the Senate, call 202-224-3121. Or write through the Contacting the Congress website.
By Peter LaBarbera
With all the efficiency of the U.S. Post Office, the United States Army and Armed Forces under Commander-in-Chief Barack Obama are working to redefine Christian and religious traditionalists who oppose homosexuality as “haters.” This story about an Army instructor’s woefully inaccurate “lesson” labeling both American Family Association and Family Research Council ”domestic hate groups,” was broken by Fox News’ Todd Starnes. It is chilling: note in the photo above that accompanies the Fox story you can see on the Army instructor’s slide with a Westboro Baptist Church protester holding a patented WBC sign with the word “Fags” on it. And note the heading on the slide: American Family Association.
As AFA’s Tim Wildmon and Bryan Fischer explain in the video below, no Christian ministry uses the derogatory term “Fags,” and AFA, FRC — and AFTAH and a bunch of other pro-family organizations — all have denounced Fred Phelps’ and Westboro’s bizarre “God Hates Fags” message and tactics.
Reports Starnes on FoxNews.com:
Several dozen U.S. Army active duty and reserve troops were told last week that the American Family Association, a well-respected Christian ministry, should be classified as a domestic hate group because the group advocates for traditional family values.
The briefing was held at Camp Shelby in Mississippi and listed the AFA alongside domestic hate groups like the Ku Klux Klan, Neo-Nazis, the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam.
This is what happens when the Left starts taking over institutions: they go after their enemies in the service of a warped ideology. And Truth, in this case, Judeo-Christian (Biblical) truth about homosexuality, and its defenders are the enemy. Wildmon is right: the evil, far-left Southern Poverty Law Center – with its preposterous, contrived “Hate Map” smearing conservative pro-family groups across the USA as somehow comparable to the KKK — is the source of this contemptible demonization of moral Americans. (Note that AFTAH is among the groups smeared as a “hate group” by the SPLC.) The SPLC and like-minded Cultural Marxists have their hooks in the Obama administration, and that translates into the de facto “Criminalization of Christianity,” to quote Janet Porter’s book by the same name.
When you adopt the philosophical position that opposition to homosexual behavior (a perversion and a sin) is morally analogous to racist bigotry, the result is this brand of crass ideological subversion. The Pentagon — which as AFTAH predicted is becoming the world’s largest “gay advocacy” organization under Obama and the “progressives” — now sees as one of its roles rooting out “anti-gay bigotry” among the troops. Here’s the problem: racism and homosexualism (proud homosexual advocacy and conduct) are both sins; opposing either of them is not. In fact, opposing sin and offering the redemption of the Gospel for it is a righteous act.
In essence then, the Pentagon under Obama and the Democrats are at war with Nature and Nature’s God [see America's charter, the Declaration of Independence] — for God through Scripture has declared homosexual practice as sinful (yet changeable; see 1 Corinthians 6:9). (And Nature confirms this verdict shared by other major religions, as seen in the confluence of disease and homosexual sex.) Using your tax dollars, the U.S. Armed Forces are working hand-in-hand with Secular Left extremists to corrupt the morals and minds of our men and women in uniform — no matter what self-righteous, SPLC-spoon-fed rationalizations they employ to justify their mendacious “state propaganda.”
Take a look once more at the chilling photo above. Is this what we’ve been reduced to in Year 237 of the noble American experiment? Army soldiers being forced to surreptitiously report the anti-Christian bigotry of their superiors — and their own government — to the outside world? State bureaucrats mislabeling patriotic, Christian organizations like AFA — representing many millions of God-fearing Americans — as “domestic hate groups”?
The pro-homosexual Left has declared all-out ideological war on faith-based Americans who adhere to the historical, Judeo-Christian truth that homosexual acts are wrong and against God’s will. “Religious Left” activists are mobilizing their tremendous resources to advance the lie that homosexuality (sexual sin) and Christianity are compatible. (Homosexual “orientation” is now labeled a “gift from God” in one modern manifestation of Isaiah 5:20.) A Christian pastor and advocate, Scott Lively, who loves homosexuals enough to tell them the truth (that their sin struggle is not their identity) is accused in an international lawsuit of “Crimes Against Humanity,” and a Democrat-appointed judge allows the case to proceed.
Everywhere, it seems, truth is under assault, and we who love the truth must fight back or we will lose these United States of America in a rising tide of leftist tyranny. We must not let the God-rejecting Secular Left take over the country we love. – Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
Here is AFA’s video response to this latest Obama administration outrage [read full Starnes story HERE]:
Sunday, September 29th, 2013
The following video was published by the Family Research Council (FRC) on September 20, 2013. I agree with Leo Johnson [at 6:40 on the vide0] that “gay” activist Floyd Corkins deserved a tougher sentence than 25 years (especially considering that only Johnson’s heroics likely kept Corkins from committing mass murder). Newsbusters documents HERE how the major networks ABC, NBC and CBS ignored the sentencing of Corkins, who targeted FRC based on a spurious “hate map” put out by the far-left Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).
Needless to say, had the situation been reversed and a conservative activist had nearly committed mass murder at the headquarters of the Human Rights Campaign (a homosexual lobby group), the story would have been received far greater coverage than the shocking attack on FRC. — Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH [more information follows the the video, after the jump]
Read the rest of this article »
Wednesday, September 18th, 2013
Angry homosexual activists wish death upon pro-family advocates
UPDATE, Sept. 19, 2013: The hateful comments — copied below — to the “New Civil Rights Movement” post about Bryan Fischer’s AFR Talk interview with Peter LaBarbera have been removed.]
I appeared on Bryan Fischer’s AFR Talk Show “Focal Point” yesterday (September 17. 2013) to discuss the astonishing CDC data unearthed by AFTAH showing that among boys and young men ages 13-24, 94-95 percent of the HIV cases are linked to homosexual sex. (I apologize for the poor sound quality of my voice in this broadcast.) Our interview and focus on the CDC data have not been popular with homosexual activists: David Badash of the The New Civil Rights Movement (NCRM) accuses Bryan and me of engaging in “dangerous advocacy.” And the hateful homosexuals at “Truth Wins Out” attack us with the requisite name-calling HERE. [Watch video on YouTube HERE.] – Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
PS. To document the type of over-the-top, wish-your-opponents-dead hatred that is all too common among radical homosexual activists, we reproduce uncensored four vicious “comments” from the NCRM piece following the video and after the jump:
Read the rest of this article »
Thursday, September 5th, 2013
Click on the above graphic to go to a printable PDF of Scott Lively’s “Fact Sheet on Uganda.”
Click on the link below or the graphic at right for a PDF “Fact Sheet on Uganda and Homosexuality,” by pro-family advocate Scott Lively — who has been sued by the Ugandan homosexual group SMUG (Sexual Minorities Uganda) — working with the far-left American group Center for Constitutional Rights — for “Crimes Against Humanity” for his Christian advocacy in that African nation. We’ve also reprinted the Fact Sheet below (after the jump).
Scott Lively – Uganda Fact Sheet–PDF link
Few people in the world have been lied about and demonized by homosexual activists as much as Lively. This Fact Sheet is merely the beginning of what must become a comprehensive effort to set the record straight. Clearly, the nefarious goal the CCR and its leftist/LGBT comrades in its legal harassment of Lively is to intimidate pro-family advocates everywhere from speaking out against the aggressive homosexual-bisexual-transgender agenda. In the Left’s playbook, the ends justify the means — but even for the Hard Left, charging a decent, Christian man like Scott Lively with “Crimes Against Humanity” — for his public advocacy — is beyond outrageous. In fact, it is evil and profoundly un-American. And yet, Clinton-nominated federal District Judge Michael Ponsor has allowed the SMUG lawsuit to proceed. We will be following this case closely. Please pray for Scott Lively. – Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
Read the rest of this article »
Americans for Truth
P.O. Box 5522
Naperville, IL 60567-5522
Want to See Every New AFTAH Article?
If you don't want to miss anything posted on the Americans For Truth website, sign up for our "Feedblitz" service that gives you a daily email of every new article that we post. (This service DOES NOT replace the regular email list.) To sign up for the Feedblitz service, click here.