Contact: Peter LaBarbera: email@example.com
CHICAGO–Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH.org), issued the following analysis of the Boy Scouts of America’s (BSA) reported capitulation to pro-homosexual activists—potentially rescinding its national policy on homosexuality and allowing local councils to set their own policies on “sexual orientation”:
1) This decision is not yet final – parents, sponsoring churches and concerned citizens should lobby the Scouts NOW prior to their Board Meeting next week. TAKE ACTION: urge the BSA NOT to sacrifice the safety and moral well-being of boys to the demands of “gay” activists and a few corporate bigwigs threatening to withhold grants. Lines are jammed, but contact the BSA at 972-580-2000 or 972-580-2597; or use their Contact Page. E-mail: PR@scouting.org. Find your local Scout Council nationwide HERE, or use the BSA’s locator by zip code.
2) This proposed capitulation would snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory: just a few weeks ago the Boy Scouts won a resounding First Amendment victory in a ruling by the notoriously liberal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. The Court reversed a federal judge’s decision to evict the Scouts from their — longtime camp at San Diego’s Balboa Park just because homosexual activists and ACLU-backed secularists despise the BSA’s moral code.
3) This proposal opens the door to the sexual- and spiritual corruption of boys. The tragic reality is homosexual predators go where the boys are. Most parents do NOT want to send their son camping with a male Scoutmaster who identifies with aberrant, unhealthy sex. They would be even less inclined to do so if they were aware of the data revealing that a disproportionately high percentage of “gay” men (like CNN’s Don Lemon themselves were once molested as boys by an adult homosexual pedophile (or by an older boy). Furthermore, parents do NOT want sexually-confused (openly ‘gay”) boys spreading the message of “out and proud” homosexuality in their son’s troop. This includes the danger – already realized in the BSA – of boys making sexual advances on other boys. The BSA was right to keep homosexuality OUT of Scouting. Sadly, this new proposal welcomes it in.
4) AFTAH reiterates its call on the Boy Scouts of America to release ALL of its files on predatory abuse in the Scouts – be it by adult homosexual Scoutmasters or “boy-on-boy” predations. Although we commend the BSA for tightening its anti-abuse policies, the American public has a right to know the full extent of the Scouts’ homosexual abuse problem.
5) This pro-homosexual capitulation teaches boys the WRONG lesson: that upholding moral truth is less important than bowing to politically correct trends that dishonor God. For decades the Scouts have been targeted by LGBT activists merely for upholding their own interpretation of a creed teaching boys to be “morally straight.” They suffered for doing good, and went all the way to the Supreme Court and won (in 2000), preserving their liberty to live by their own beliefs. To cave in now rewards the bigoted Homosexual Lobby and teaches boys that MONEY is more important than morality – indeed, even more important than Truth itself.
6) This BSA’s capitulation is the result of a combination of Big Gay Inc.’s hardball tactics and Big Corporate’s “political extortion.” Corporations and CEOs like Ernst & Young’s Jim Turley have pushed hard for this surrender, seeking to impose their morally bankrupt and Orwellian corporate “diversity” formulas on the beleaguered Scouts – using potentially withdrawn grants as leverage. The corporations in turn have been manipulated by “gay” activists – specifically the homosexual Human Rights Campaign with its rigged “Corporate Equality Index” that ranks corporate adherence to pro-LGBT goals. (Fully “gay”-compliant companies get a “100 Percent” rating.) HRC now says it will downgrade any corporation that donates to the Scouts. Thus in the name of “nondiscrimination,” corporate giants like AT&T, UPS, Merck and Intel send the message that subservience to homosexual activists takes precedence over the defense of wholesome, Judeo-Christian morality that protects youth.
7) The proposed surrender only emboldens LGBT activists to further pressure the BSA: far from settling the controversy, this decision will only lead to stepped-up “gay” activism against every local Scout council that chooses to retain the homosexuality ban. (The proposal would allow local Scout councils to decide whether to allow homosexual Scoutmasters and Scouts.) The homosexual agenda advances incrementally: each concession is a stepping-stone to further demands. Thus the focus of LGBT activism will shift to local Scout Councils, while nationally the BSA will be pressured to do more in the name “gay tolerance.” (Are “LGBT Equality Merit Badges” in the Scouts’ future?) Also, look for “transgender” activists to pressure the BSA to bend to their gender-confused agenda in the name of “equality.”
8) Lastly, Americans must recognize that Corporate America has become a powerful force for anti-Christian sexual immorality, in the guise of “diversity.” In a truly diverse and tolerant society, the Scouts would be free to operate according to their faith and moral precepts. How tragic that major corporations now lead the way in advancing radical sexual/gender ideologies and destructive behaviors that violate God’s will. Thankfully — despite this unfolding tragedy driven by cowardice — homosexuality remains a changeable behavior, as proved by the thousands of EX-“gay” men and FORMER lesbians living happy lives.
Permission to reprint is granted provided link to AmericanForTruth.org accompanies publication.
Want to See Every New AFTAH Article?
If you don't want to miss anything posted on the Americans For Truth website, sign up for our "Feedblitz" service that gives you a daily email of every new article that we post. (This service DOES NOT replace the regular email list.) To sign up for the Feedblitz service, click here.
|Copyright © 2006-2011 Americans for Truth. All Rights Reserved.|