The Bible, Churches, & Homosexuality
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016
“As I look back on life, now at age 49, I know it to be a fact that without God, I would not be here today amongst the living, due to the deathstyle that I embraced for so many years.”–Darren Foster
Folks, we all know that when “progressives” and LGBT activists talk about “inclusion” and “diversity,” that usually means excluding people like Darren Foster, who successfully abandoned the homosexual lifestyle (or “deathstyle,” as he calls it). The Word of God never talks about homosexuality in terms of it being an “orientation,” but rather sinful behavior. Thankfully, Darren was able to overcome the pull of that sin through Christ. He is now happily married and active in his local church. We are delighted to share Darren’s heart-warming story; this is the first of several parts. — Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
Coming Out of Sodom, Part 1
By Darren Foster, LPN/LVN
“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind…And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9, 11 KJV)
God blessed me this past November 29th, 2015, with the opportunity to stand up before my church family in order to share my testimony, as well as my love for 1 Corinthians 6: 9,11, the ticket to Heaven for anyone who repents of habitual sin and embraces Jesus Christ as LORD and Saviour. As part of my on-going testimony, as an unfinished work of God, I now share with the reader how I came out of the sodomite lifestyle the last Saturday in May of 2013. I was saved from what I call the sad deathstyle (falsely named as the “gay lifestyle” by it’s advocates) only after welcoming Jesus Christ into my life, on His terms, according to the full counsel of God in His Word, the Bible.
And as I said on that Sunday evening in November of 2015, I want to give all the praise and glory to God Almighty Himself, for it was only by His patient mercy and grace, an answer to much prayer, that I was saved from a life of depravity, hedonism, debauchery, and, most likely, an early death.
As I look back on life, now at age 49, I know it to be a fact that without God, I would not be here today amongst the living, due to the deathstyle that I embraced for so many years. As a nurse, in my professional life, I know that it is well known amongst the medical community that the incidences of depression, alcohol and drug addiction, domestic violence, suicide, as well as a paragraph-long list of diseases becomes a big part of life for men who choose to have sex with other men.
I, myself, over the years have had my own health challenges to deal with, due in large part to my past “recreational” behavior. It is only by God’s providence that I was spared HIV/AIDS or some other terminal illness. Please consider this 2015 data from our own Center for Disease Control, http://www.cdc.gov/std/life-stages-populations/STDFact-MSM.htm:
“While anyone who has sex can get an STD, sexually active gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are at greater risk. In addition to having higher rates of syphilis, more than half of all new HIV infections occur among MSM.”
I also refer the reader to LifeSiteNews where it is revealed in a 2005 report that actively homosexual men, on average, have 20 years less in their lifespan when compared with men who do not “hook up” with other men. [AFTAH Editor’s Note: As you can read in the LifeSite piece, Canadian researchers published data in the International Journal of Epidemiology in 1997 documenting the shortened lifespans of “gay and bisexual men” in Vancouver, British Columbia, compared to all men; later, the author of the study decried its use by social conservatives as evidence of the health risks of homosexual behavior.]
Read the rest of this article »
Monday, January 18th, 2016
First posted in 2014:
Folks, I saw this on Twitter. The conservative news site Hawaii Free Press identifies the Ebony issue in which this advice column by Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. appeared as January 1958. HFP, citing CNN, offers the full Q & A with King, which we have reprinted under the graphic. — Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH; @PeterLaBarbera
Full text of MLK Ebony column:
Question: My problem is different from the ones most people have. I am a boy, but I feel about boys the way I ought to feel about girls. I don’t want my parents to know about me. What can I do? Is there any place where I can go for help?
Answer: Your problem is not at all an uncommon one. However, it does require careful attention. The type of feeling that you have toward boys is probably not an innate tendency, but something that has been culturally acquired. Your reasons for adopting this habit have now been consciously suppressed or unconsciously repressed. Therefore, it is necessary to deal with this problem by getting back to some of the experiences and circumstances that lead to the habit. In order to do this I would suggest that you see a good psychiatrist who can assist you in bringing to the forefront of conscience all of those experiences and circumstances that lead to the habit. You are already on the right road toward a solution, since you honestly recognize the problem and have a desire to solve it.
Friday, December 18th, 2015
Once nearly eliminated, syphilis is coming back — 83% of cases in 2014 linked to men who sodomize other men
Syphilis: The New “Gay” Disease: In 2014, a whopping 83% of the reported male syphilis cases were among “men who have sex with men,” according to a CDC report on syphilis. See also this AFTAH article about homosexual men and syphilis. Help AFTAH raise $25,000 to expose high-risk LGBTQ lifestyles with your donation of $25 or more to receive a free book or video. The above is a CDC graphic; click to enlarge.
Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH) needs your help to break through the media’s radically-biased “cheerleading” coverage of the homosexual-bisexual-transgender movement. We are working on several projects that will pull together the massive amount of public information documenting the extreme health risks of homosexual lifestyles: disproportionate STDs; domestic violence; “hook-up sex murders”; extreme and unnatural practices; “gay” über-promiscuity; unstable relationships; mental health issues; and heavy drug and alcohol use.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports:
“Most cases are among MSM [men who have sex with men]. In 2014, 83% of the reported male P&S [primary and secondary] syphilis cases where sex of sex partner was known were among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men.”
Break Through Liberal Media Censorship: Please help AFTAH reach our goal of raising $25,000 for this project. Give safely online HERE or send you check or money order to: AFTAH, PO Box 5522, Naperville, IL 60567-5522. (There is also an option online for monthly giving.) All gifts of $25 or more will receive a free book — your choice of:
⇒ “Homosexuality: A Freedom Too Far: A Psychoanalyst Answers 1,000 Questions about Causes and Cure and the Impact of the Gay Rights Movement on American Society,” by the late psychiatrist Dr. Charles Socarides (who led the fight against the “normalization” of homosexuality by the American Psychiatric Association; OR
⇒ ”Out from Under: The Impact of Homosexual Parenting,” by Dawn Stephanowicz, telling the harrowing story of growing up with a promiscuous homosexual man as her father; OR
⇒ “Can You Be Gay and Christian: Responding with Love & Truth to Questions About Homosexuality,” by Dr. Michael Brown, a wonderful book that exposes the myth of “gay Christianity” with great compassion and an abundance of facts and useful Bible analysis.
⇒ “Light Wins: How to Overcome the Criminalization of Christianity” — This highly informative video by pro-family hero Janet Porter features an abundance of pro-family experts (including Americans For Truth president Peter LaBarbera) describing what is at stake in the culture over marriage and liberty and LGBT efforts to redefine both. Show it to your church small-group, or your entire church!
Whether you mail in your gift or donate online, please notify us as to which book you would like to receive with your donation to AFTAH of $25 or more. Bulk discounts of these and other pro-family books are also available. For more information, contact Brad Wallace at 312-324-3787 or write him at email@example.com. Thank you!
AFTAH, PO Box 5522, Naperville, IL 60567-5522
Thursday, November 5th, 2015
You can read the whole Twitter thread HERE. Click to enlarge:
Saturday, October 24th, 2015
On Thursday (Oct. 22, 2015), I appeared as a guest on Stacy Harp’s “Bible Radio News” show. Stacy is the hard-working founder of Active Christian Media and a longtime Christian pro-family advocate–a sort of one-woman dynamo for Biblical Truth. As you can hear from listening to the podcast below, Stacy overcame homosexual thoughts and temptations in her own life as a child and teenager (but never embraced them). As a clinical trained marriage and family therapist with a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, she is well-equipped to analyze the factors underlying homosexual confusion. We discuss: how homosexualist propaganda works; the proper Christian attitude toward people struggling with homosexual desires; false (anti-) Christian theology that is embracing the idea of positive “gay” “sexual orientation” (in the name of Gospel outreach); the power and tactics of the homosexual activist movement; the homosexual “10 Percent” population myth; and the largely untold story–in the increasingly pro-LGBTQ media–of “ex-gays,” men and women who have overcome the pull of homosexuality in their lives. See Stacy’s Facebook page HERE. — Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
P.S. Here is the Amazon link for the book I mention–Gay…Or Not? One Christian Man’s Journey–by former homosexual Jerry Heacock. Please support him by buying and promoting this important book. It will also bless you and help you grow as a Christian believer.
Check Out Christianity Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Bible News Radio
Friday, October 16th, 2015
WARNING: Offensive language in one photo
This list of common sense truths and reality-based, biblically faithful observations is not comprehensive, and we’ll be adding to it. There is some overlap in the points. Send us your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. — Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH.org
By Peter LaBarbera
It’s the Behavior, Stupid…And the behavior is dangerous. This 2011 CDC slide shows the disproportionately high correlation between homosexual behavior and HIV among young men ages 13-24. See this AFTAH article. Nature itself discriminates against homosexual behaviors. Click to enlarge.
1) It’s always about the behavior, stupid. No, I’m not calling you stupid. This is a variation on the political slogan regarding voters’ motivations: “It’s the economy, stupid.” What we can observe and what we can analyze is behavior: we cannot decipher people’s thoughts. “Orientation” is a self-serving homosexual activist construct. It is homosexual *behavior* that is destructive, unnatural and spreads disease, e.g, the direct connection between male homosexual behavior and HIV and syphilis. People change their behavior all the time. That must be our focus.
2) Homosexuality is what you do, not who you are. (Gary Glenn, Michigan pro-family legislator)
3 Defending historic Judeo-Christian morality is not bigotry or “hate.”
3a) Corollary: Those who hate Truth, call Truth “hate.” (origin unknown)
3b) Corollary: To label the defense of biblical and moral truth “hate” is itself hateful.
3c) Corollary: There are few groups as hateful and intolerant as LGBTQueer activists.
3d) The people who are quickest to falsely charge others with “hate” are often the most hateful activists in society.
4) Apply the “Sexual Sin Substitution Test” for Moral Clarity: Substitute another sin for the word *gay* in any debate, discussion or media story about homosexuality and see if it makes sense, biblically-speaking. Also apply it: “sexual orientation,” “homophobia,” “transgender,” etc. (You can also substitute a non-sexual sin.) Most of modern thinking in the culture, politics and the Church fails this Substitution Test. For example, when was the last time you heard a major Christian leader apologizing to pornography-users and porn activists–as Southern Baptist leaders recently did to homosexuals. Here in Chicago, “progressive” Christian Andy Marin takes this to an extreme with his Marin Institute’s “I’m sorry” campaign–holding signs with that message at the city’s annual debauched homosexual Pride Parades.
S-S-S Test applied: There are no “Adultery Pride Parades.” Nobody gets accused of being of being an *incest-phobe.* I’ve never heard a guy appeal to his *lustful orientation.* There are no Porn-using Republicans groups that draw the support of leading conservatives and GOP politicians (like the homosexual activist Log Cabin Republicans). And the president doesn’t make official declarations and speeches celebrating annual *Fornicators Pride Month.*
6) Don’t deny Jesus Transforming Power: Every person ever born, except Jesus Christ, has or had a sinful “orientation.” (Jeremiah 17:9) To deny that we are sinners is to deny God. To deny that homosexual behavior is a sin is to deny God’s Word, the Bible. To deny that God can help people overcome the sinful pull of homosexuality is to deny Jesus Christ and His transforming power.
7) Never concede language to LGBTQ revolutionaries. Deconstruct “Gay-Speak”–because he who controls the language controls the debate: When you hear *Equality* think radical, government-imposed egalitarianism. *Equality* has become the politically correct buzzword for a leftist social agenda that eliminates natural distinctions between man and woman. LGBTQueer “equality,” so-called, undermines historic behavioral and moral, biblical normal norms by promoting sexual perversion and extreme gender confusion and rebellion as *civil rights.*
Read the rest of this article »
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
Special Sin? Has Dr. Al Mohler of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary failed the “Sexual Sin Substitution Test” on homosexualism?
[UPDATE: to listen to Janet Mefferd’s interview with AFTAH’s Peter LaBarbera, go HERE or click play in the player above (it starts at the 24:00 mark)]
Dear Readers, once again the pro-family, Christian movement falls into “Kvetch and Retreat” mode, which is another way of saying we are constantly backing up in our interactions with the homosexual juggernaut. This is why we lose. Needless to say, homosexual activists and their fellow travelers are not appeased by Dr. Al Mohler’s high-minded retreat on pro-heterosexual Reparative Therapy, as my friend and talk show host Janet Mefferd notes with regard to the Huffington Post columnist and “liberal Christian” professor Derek Penwell below.
I appreciate that Janet applies what I am calling the “Sexual Sin Substitution Test”: simply replace “gay” with another sexual sin and see if it makes sense. This helps to lay bare the pitfalls of making special accommodations, theological caveats–and even questionable apologies–in our approach toward those caught up in the sin of (proud) homosexualism and gender rebellion. With regard to Mohler’s curious apology–on behalf of non-consulted Christians everywhere–to people caught up in homosexual behaviors and feelings, I would ask–as a flawed Ambassador of Christ myself:
Why hasn’t Mohler apologized to the porn-using “community”? The adulterous “community”? And certainly the very large but misunderstood fornicators “community” deserves an apology, too. Why are he and other guilt-ridden Christians not apologizing to these sin groups?
The practical answer to that question, I submit, is that these other sins are not the beneficiaries of a powerful lobby that has turned ungodly yet changeable behaviors into proud self-identities–and a supposedly victimized “minority” with massive media, corporate and government clout behind it. And I say to Prof. Penwell— in the spirit of Jeremiah 17:9 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11–repent, humble yourself before Almighty God and turn away from all anti-biblical attempts to justify proud homosexuality in the lives of others. Because no amount of cultural power and liberal propaganda can turn sin into righteousness. –Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth; @PeterLaBarbera; email@example.com
P.S. I will be appearing tonight (Oct. 7, 2015) as a guest on Janet’s new radio show, “Janet Mefferd Today” to discuss Mohler’s ill-timed criticism of pro-hetero Reparative Therapy. To listen to the interview, go HERE — it starts at the 24:00 mark.
Reparative Therapy, Southern Baptists and Moving the Goalposts
“When even Al Mohler is embarrassed to talk about ‘reparative therapy’ in straightforward terms everyone understands, it means that cultural standards are evolving toward greater hospitality to our LGBTQ sisters and brothers.” – Pro-homosexual liberal activist and “liberal Christian” Derek Penwell
* * *
Read the rest of this article »
Thursday, September 24th, 2015
Get Books & Video with your contribution: Bless AFTAH & Bless Yourself when you give to Americans For Truth!
Bless AFTAH, Bless Yourself! — Make your donation online HERE using our safe Credit Card Form. Also, our debut banquet in the Washington, DC area is Saturday, Nov. 21. Tickets are just $40/person (Table of 10 for $400). Our speaker is Robert Reilly, author of “Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexual Behavior Is Changing Everything.” More banquet details HERE–and sign up for the banquet online HERE. All mailed AFTAH gifts can be sent to: AFTAH, PO Box 5522, Naperville, IL 60567-5522.
We have an opportunity for you to support AFTAH and become a stronger, better-informed advocate for Truth at the same time. Through the end of the year, we are offering the following gift awards:
For your gift of $100 to AFTAH — you will receive one free book or video of your choice from the following list. The more you give, the more educational and teaching resources you get! Here are your choices:
- Robert Reilly’s book, “Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexual Behavior Is Changing Everything” [hard cover]; this book is required reading for anyone serious about understanding and opposing the “gay” activist juggernaut using reason, facts and Natural Law. Bob will sign your book if you attend the Americans For Truth banquet Oct. 17, 2015! [Code: REILLY] OR
- VIDEO — Janet Porter’s wonderful film, “Light Wins”–loaded with interviews with leading pro-family experts who explain why “same-sex marriage” and the LGBTQ agenda will crush our cherished freedoms. I am one of the many people interviewed in this DVD–which you could show at your church or at your home Bible study! [Code: VIDEO] OR
- * Dr. Michael Brown’s book, “Can You Be Gay and Christian?” [paperback]. This is a wonderful resource to help you respond to all the “gay Christian” nonsense and propaganda in our confused culture. Terrific for a church or home study group! [Code: BROWN-GAY CHRISTIAN?] OR
- * Dr. Brown’s magnificent book, “Something Queer Happened to America”: [hard cover] this is like a textbook for studying the multi-faceted “LGBTQ” agenda. The section on Pedophilia (sex with children) alone is worth getting this book. [Code: BROWN-SOMETHING QUEER] OR
- * The late Dr. Charles Socarides classic Q&A book, “Homosexuality: A Freedom Too Far,” [hard cover] offers practical insights about the cause and treatment of homosexuality from the leading psychologist who fought the homosexual militants’ pressure campaign–or dare I say BULLY CAMPAIGN– to “normalize” homosexuality in the American Psychiatric Association in 1973. [Code: SOCARIDES] OR
- Dawn Stephanowicz’ harrowing book, “Out From Under” — [paperback] telling her story of being raised as the daughter of a promiscuous homosexual man. Very relevant to today’s homosexual parenting debates. [CODE: OUT FROM UNDER] OR
- Bill Whatcott’s autobiographical book, “Born in a Graveyard”: [paperback] beautifully tells the story of the redemption of Canada’s Bill Whatcott, who went from being a criminal to Canada’s boldest Christian pro-family activist. [Code: GRAVEYARD] OR
- Christian advocate Amber Dee Parker’s colorful children’s picture book, “God Made Dad and Mom” [paperback] – parents lovingly explain to their child why God intended marriage to be between a man and a woman, not two people of the same sex. [Code: CHILDREN’S BOOK]
So, here’s how it works:
Read the rest of this article »
Americans for Truth
P.O. Box 5522
Naperville, IL 60567-5522
Want to See Every New AFTAH Article?
If you don't want to miss anything posted on the Americans For Truth website, sign up for our "Feedblitz" service that gives you a daily email of every new article that we post. (This service DOES NOT replace the regular email list.) To sign up for the Feedblitz service, click here.