Americans For Truth, www.aftah.org; Oct. 13, 2010
Contact: Peter LaBarbera: 630-717-7631; email@example.com
Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality, issued the follow statement:
- Homosexual practice is always wrong. To advocate for this lifestyle, including homosexual relationships, is also wrong. Advocacy of a sin is itself a sin.
- It is immoral to “mainstream” homosexuality to children in schools in the guise of teaching tolerance and diversity.
- No sincere Christian supports violence or hatred directed at homosexuals. In fact, Christians want homosexuals to accept Christ, repent of their sin and be forgiven — and change their lifestyle, as countless former “gays” have. Violence and abuse toward homosexuals is the work of people who reject Christian love and compassion.
- “Bullying” in any form is wrong and must be stopped. But it can be addressed without promoting acceptance of homosexuality. “Anti-bullying” measures must not become a Trojan Horse to advance the pro-“gay” agenda.
- Many homosexual activists are anti-religious bigots, stemming from their hatred of the Church for opposing homosexuality as a sin. Often these militants claim that religious people who oppose homosexuality are on a par with racists – a spurious and hateful analogy.
- Homosexuality has nothing to do with race. Skin color cannot be changed. In contrast, thousands of ex-lesbians and ex-gay men testify to the reality that homosexuality can be overcome.
- Driven by their hatred of moral opponents, homosexual activists like Human Rights Campaign are shamelessly exploiting the suicides of homosexual youth and violent attacks against homosexuals to demand that religious bodies stop speaking against homosexuality. Their aim is to silence all opposition.
- The liberal media – which is now practically an arm of the homosexual movement – is also promoting the false linkage between speech critical of homosexuality and gay suicides and violence against homosexuals. This must stop. The media must return to its proper role of reporting both sides on homosexuality – which starts by acknowledging that there is another side to this debate.
- Christians who believe that the proper response to anti-homosexual hatred in our society is to downplay biblical truth are naïve and misguided. Now more than ever, young people and all Americans need to hear the truth: that homosexuality is wrong, unnatural and often unhealthy (one in five “men who have sex with men” has HIV: CDC) – but that it can be overcome through Christ.
This article was posted
on Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 at 8:53 am and is filed under A - What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
, B - Ex-Homosexual Testimonies
, Biblical Truth
, D - GLBTQ Pressure Within Churches
, Diversity Propaganda
, Gay Sex Health Risks
, Gospel evangelism
, Homosexual Hate
, Morality and Moral Judgments
, Mormon LDS
, Physical Health
, Political Correctness vs. Truth
, Politics of "Hate"
, The Bible, Churches, & Homosexuality
You can follow any updates to this article through the RSS 2.0