There will be revisions and additions to this list, but here is AFTAH’s first draft of core principles and beliefs.–Peter LaBarbera, President, Americans For Truth About Homosexuality
1) Homosexual behavior and trans-gender rebellion are morally wrong as they defy Nature and Nature’s God.
2) Homosexuality is not the basis for a healthy self-identity; embracing homosexual or transgender lifestyles/behaviors is a very bad and destructive choice.
3) Homosexuality is about What You Do, not Who You Are. Everyone is responsible before God for his or her sexual conduct. “Sexual Orientation” and “Gender Identity”–the notion of an innate or inherent nature centered around proclivity toward sex- and gender-confusion–are the misguided foundations of self-serving “gay” ideology. These concepts seek to justify immorality by essentially removing one’s moral responsibility for his or her actions.
4) Homosexualism and gender confusion are not the basis for civil rights. Equating the campaign for homosexual “rights”and same-sex “marriage” to the Black civil rights movement insults Black Americans and their noble struggle against slavery and institutional racism (e.g., Jim Crow). Christians in past days were wrong to misuse the Bible to ban interracial unions. Interracial marriages produce beautiful children and families; homosexuality cannot produce life. Creating “rights” based on moral wrongs and sexual/gender perversions naturally undermines other people’s rights, especially the freedoms of religion and conscience enshrined in the United States Constitution. As John Adams, the second president of the United States and a signer of the Declaration of Independence, wrote: “[W]e have not government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion…Our constitution was made only for a moral and spiritual people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
5) All people as human beings created in the image of God deserve respect; all behaviors and ideologies do not.
6) Unlike race and ethnicity, homosexuality is not immutable: people can pursue virtuous change and leave aberrant sex- and transgender lifestyles behind. Oddly, the same LGBTQ activists who champion men and women who abandon their marital spouse and children to live a homosexual life–or the DNA-defying notion that people can change sexes–often excoriate and dehumanize EX-“gays.” Nevertheless, thousands of people have successfully left homosexuality behind, and their wholesome transformation should be celebrated. Legal and legislative efforts to ban pro-heterosexual change therapy for minors are cruel, antithetical to liberty and parental rights, and demonstrate the totalitarian mindset of homosexual advocates and their allies. [AFTAH highly recommends Restored Hope Network, an umbrella group of Christian ex-“gay” ministries.]
7) All sex outside of a faithful marriage between one man and one woman is morally wrong. Singling out homosexuality while ignoring other sexual sins is unacceptable. And high-risk perversions such as anal sodomy, when practiced by heterosexuals, are still wrong. However, the homosexual and transgender movements are unique in that they seek to change the moral standard for–and publicly rally behind– their particular misbehaviors. It is telling that there are no “Fornication Pride” or “Pornography Pride” parades, yet “Gay Pride” parades draw millions of people across the world, including powerful political and corporate sponsors. By using the force of law, the educational system and corporate “diversity” policies to undermine morality and demand acceptance for their chosen, errant lifestyles, LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer) “change agents” pose a unique moral threat to our nation and her children.
8) Homosexual practice is extremely unhealthy, because Nature itself discriminates against homosexuality. Deeply perverse homosexual acts like rectal sodomy and “rimming” (mouth-anus “sex”) are disproportionately linked to a plethora of Sexually-Transmitted Diseases (STDs) and maladies, such as anal cancer. Attempts to change one’s gender–and the particularly tragic attempts of “transgender” youth to artificially offset puberty and their normal development into men or women–are fraught with dangers. [See AFTAH article, “CDC: 94-95 Percent of HIV Cases Among Boys and Young Men Linked to Homosexual Sex,” based on CDC data from 2008-2011.]
9) People embracing homosexualism and trans-gender confusion, like all people caught up in self and sin, need the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the gracious, truthful outreach of compassionate Christians. Any self-styled “Christian” approach (e.g., the Westboro Baptist Church) that denies redemption to repentant homosexuals and the power of Christ to radically transform their lives (2 Corinthians 5:16-21) distorts the Gospel, which mercifully offers all sinners forgiveness and the free gift of salvation through Jesus (Ephesians 2: 8-9). Any “progressive Christian” approach (see Rachel Held Evans) that offers the love of God while denying or downplaying the Bible’s clear teachings on the sinfulness of homosexual behavior–or who supports an inherent “identity” based in that sin–similarly twists the Gospel to accommodate ungodly worldly trends.
10) It is wrong to hate people, but defending biblical teachings and Natural Law morality on sex and marriage is not “hate.” Nor is it “bigotry.” Lastly, the irrational fear suggested by the invented smear-terms “homophobia” and “transphobia”–used to intimidate and demonize moral critics–is one of many LGBTQ myths. It is not ‘phobic’ to stand up boldly for a virtuous, Judeo-Christian sexual ethic centered around marriage and the natural family.
11) Out-and-proud homosexualism and transsexualism are incompatible with historic, faithful Christianity. The Bible clearly condemns homosexual behavior and gender rebellion, yet offers repentant sinners a way of salvation. There were “ex-gays” in Bible times! (See 1 Corinthians 6:9-20. We also highly recommend Professor Robert Gagnon’s website at RobGagnon.net.)
12) Today’s “gay” movement is rooted in the lies of the media-hyped Sexual Revolution, most notably the discredited work of pseudo-scientist Dr. Alfred Kinsey, America’s first “sex researcher.” The shocking fact that Kinsey’s distorted research was taken seriously–despite his published “data” of babies and very young children who apparently were sexually abused into “orgasms” by pedophiles–demonstrates that the “gay” revolution is largely a liberal media creation. Sadly, the media’s misreporting and propagandistic “cheerleading” coverage of homosexuality and transgenderism has only gotten worse since the days of Kinsey. Balance and impartiality have been jettisoned as the media have effectively become part of the homosexual/transgender movement. At the urging of homosexual activists and leftist groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center–which outrageously and falsely labels moral critics of homosexuality as hateful “extremists” on par with the KKK–the media have increasingly shut out socially conservative and faith-based advocates from coverage. Such is the state of today’s “advocacy journalism” that many stories about homosexuality and gender confusion do not even include even a single voice for the other side of the debate. The good news is that a little Truth goes a long way. The “gay” lobby’s penchant for censoring critics and criminalizing dissenting approaches toward homosexuality shows how weak and shallow is its case for redefining God’s timeless ideal and the natural sexual order–which is built around the complementary union of man and woman producing children in marriage.
13) AFTAH condemns all violence perpetrated against people practicing or advocating homosexuality or other sexual/gender perversions, including Muslim Sharia Law barbarities committed against alleged homosexuals.
This article was posted on Thursday, June 25th, 2015 at 10:59 am and is filed under "Civil Unions" & "Gay Marriage", "Sexual Orientation"/"Gender Identity" and the Law, 'Gayness' as identity?, A - What does the Bible say about homosexuality?, AFTAH, B - Ex-Homosexual Testimonies, D - GLBTQ Pressure Within Churches, News, The Bible, Churches, & Homosexuality. You can follow any updates to this article through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Want to See Every New AFTAH Article?
If you don't want to miss anything posted on the Americans For Truth website, sign up for our "Feedblitz" service that gives you a daily email of every new article that we post. (This service DOES NOT replace the regular email list.) To sign up for the Feedblitz service, click here.
|Copyright © 2006-2011 Americans for Truth. All Rights Reserved.|