B – Ex-Homosexual Testimonies
Thursday, December 5th, 2013
Besen unleashes hate on man who left homosexualism behind; calls Glatze a “fake Christian” with a “reprobate mind”
Michael and Rebekah Glatze at their recent wedding. Homosexual hatemonger Wayne Besen calls their marriage a “sham” and refers to Rebekah as Michael’s “prop.” For an old photo of Michael as a “gay” man, see below.
By Peter LaBarbera
Folks, my friend Michael Glatze — as one of the most prominent former homosexuals in the world (and no, he decidedly does NOT wish to be known as a former homosexual or ‘ex-gay’) — is again a target of LGBT malcontents. That’s because a few weeks ago, on October 26, Michael — a one-time up-and-coming “gay youth” activist — married his lovely bride, Rebekah, at a ceremony in Bluffton, South Carolina.
Now for most sane people (read: those who haven’t drunk the “gay” Kool-aid), the Glatze’s wedding was a joyous occasion deserving of celebration. But for homosexual activist Wayne Besen and his grotesquely named “Truth Wins Out” (TWO)– and for many of his snarky comrades on the LGBT Left — it has become an opportunity to mock and malign this beautiful Christian couple.
I call Besen and his ilk “Focus on the Failures,” because they love to highlight “former homosexuals” who stumble back into sin — and then project those failures onto all efforts to “change sexual orientation,” which they deem impossible. How odd. Think about it: in what other area of life would we celebrate failure? Can you imagine highlighting only those who tried but couldn’t overcome, say, a drug or porn addiction:
Headline: Drug activists exulted as Joe Smith lapsed back into his narcotics habit Tuesday — saying it offers further proof that NOBODY can ever overcome drug addiction (Courtesy ‘Drugs Win Out’)
This is silly, of course. In the real world, we cheer the success stories, of which Michael Glatze is but one. Moreover, Christians of all people should celebrate — just as their Heavenly Father does – when a man or woman accepts Jesus Christ and leaves sin behind:
[Jesus said:] “I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.” (Luke 15:7)
Yet for obvious reasons, Besen & Co. ignore happy and successful former homosexuals, except to lie about them, as is the case here.
‘Gay’ hate, Christian love
Take a minute if you can stomach it to read Besen’s petty and cruel web post on the Glatze’s wedding, and the Comments, mostly from other homosexual activists, that follow it. Poor, bitter Wayne can’t seem to stifle his seething resentment toward Michael for his godly metamorphosis. The “Truthiness Wins Out” founder wickedly calls Rebekah Michael’s “prop” and his “victim.” And Besen curiously describes Michael in his wedding clothes as being in “fundie drag” (a shirt, tie and slacks — go figure). Then Wayne puts on his “gay psychologist” hat (see the Comments section) and pronounces Glatze’s transformation away from homosexuality the result — not of the miraculous hand of God — but of Michael having a “mental disorder.” (Since homosexuality was once diagnosed as a “mental disorder” by the American Psychiatric Association — before “gay” activists bullied the APA into removing the designation in 1973 — some LGBT militants get a perverse joy out of accusing their foes of having a “mental disorder.”)
For his part, as you can read HERE or below, Michael Glatze takes all the homosexualist hate in stride and continues to reach out with the grace of Christ to those who malign him. Pray that he would have many opportunities in the years ahead to share the love of God with people who need it!
Old life: photo of Michael Glatze (left) as a young “gay” activist with his then-boyfriend and fellow activist Benjie Nycum.
Sin definitely has its cheerleaders these days. Besen and his reactionary followers (again, read the TWO Comments) for the most part presume that Michael’s and Rebekah’s marriage is destined to fail — and most are probably rooting for it to fail. Not all homosexuals are this fanatical and mean-spirited; some even accept the possibility of leaving (overcoming) homosexuality. But most lack the influence of Besen, who works the liberal media hard with his pseudo-scientific schtick that homosexuality “orientation” is unchangeable. Funny how even as Wayne hastens to proclaim the death of the “ex-gay” movement, those pesky, happy former homosexuals keep popping up here and there, giving the lie to his “queer” narrative.
(Even the wife of New York City’s Mayor-elect, Bill de Blasio, Chirlane McCray, is a former lesbian. I wonder if she gets a pass from the Haters of Ex-Gays at TWO because she’s a Democrat.)
Lastly, as many of you know, Besen and his “Truthless” crowd just love to call me “Porno Pete” (maybe they’re projecting, given the over-abundance of pornography in the “gay” male world). It’s quite evil how these lost fellows love to name-call and demonize — all the while fancying themselves the voices of love and tolerance! Sadly, in all his meanness and over-the-top nastiness, Wayne is just one of many homosexual activists who are on the “wrong side of history” — the side that hates and defies God.
Please write to congratulate Michael and Rebekah at email@example.com. God bless. – Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
Read the rest of this article »
Wednesday, December 4th, 2013
AFTAH Exclusive: Glatze responds with grace to homosexual attacks on his marriage
Michael and Rebekah Glatze at their recent wedding.
We are happy to pass along this statement by my friend Michael Glatze, a former “gay” activist who left the lifestyle and recently married his bride, Rebekah. Their marriage has attracted the scorn of hateful homosexual activist Wayne Besen (who cruelly called Rebekah Michael’s “prop”) and the skeptical interest of other LGBT advocates. More is coming on this story. — Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
[To congratulate or contact Michael, write him at firstname.lastname@example.org]:
Note from Michael Glatze:
Dear friends and prayer warriors: I am so grateful for all the prayers that have gone up to God for myself, and for Rebekah, as we have been so blessed to have gotten married in the past month. It has certainly been a journey! Going from being involved in the gay community, to traveling through various spiritual searches, to finding myself (personally) in many tumultuous situations, to meeting the woman that God provided for me, to being able to have a healthy relationship, to building relationships with parents and friends, and to finally have our families and friends converge in a beautiful wedding… all has been a difficult, powerful, and awesome journey!
I am SO grateful for the fact that God has allowed me the privilege of being married. I am 38 years old. I live, every day, with a sense of profound gratitude for His provision, and His protection on my life. I am grateful that, though I have failed time and time again, He continues to pick me back up, dust me off, and show me HOW MUCH He truly loves me. And, now, praise God, I am able to share that divine love with Rebekah. This is the greatest present Our Father has given me… it is unspeakably awesome.
There are so many who have wanted to “pick apart” my life. Heck… there are people who pick apart every subtle appearance in every photograph of me ever taken! It is strange to say the least. But, I guess when you become an individual that seems to “stand for” something larger, you can expect that kind of treatment. For instance, it was never my intention to be labeled a “racist” or a “homophobe,” let alone “deranged,” and “crazy.” But, all of these things continue to travel through the airwaves of our strange world – without any of those accusers ever seeing fit to contact me, directly, whether it could be possible for them to express their concerns to me or not. Has anyone asked me what I *really* said about President Obama back in 2009? No. It is easier for them to paint me as a radical racist, which I am not. [Editor's Note: Michael recommends listening to his 2011 podcast interview with the Theopologetics blog for his take on what he really said regarding the "racist" accusation and other attacks by LGBT activists.] Has anybody ever contacted Rebekah, or myself, to ask us how we *really* feel about each other? No. And, in some cases, even if they did contact us directly, they would doubt that we were telling “the whole truth.” They would assume that in our “Christian blindness,” we were only saying what we were supposed to say, or “wanted to believe.” In a world where people REFUSE to listen to other people, there is not a lot of room for legitimate harmony.
Read the rest of this article »
Wednesday, November 27th, 2013
‘Gay’ activists use Thanksgiving to be “thankful for” homosexual advances
“[I]t is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor.” – George Washington, in his Thanksgiving Day Proclamation, Oct. 3, 1789
The ACLU and secular leftists would seem to be at war with the Thanksgiving Day Proclamation of our nation’s first President, George Washington, who declared that “it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor.”
By Peter LaBarbera
As we enjoy Thanksgiving Day tomorrow with our families, we should remember that the original purpose of Thanksgiving was to thank God for our blessings as Americans. This is clearly demonstrated by two of the “founding documents” of Thanksgiving (reprinted below) – George Washington’s and Abraham Lincoln’s Thanksgiving Day Proclamations. Both pay homage to God (so much for ACLU’s vision of separating God from State).
As secularism and – dare I say – godlessness deepen in these United States, many are leaving God out of Thanksgiving Day. Language always follows the heart: have you noticed the habit that has crept in of people being thankful for this and that – without being thankful to God?
Now homosexuality advocates (and others) have taken this regrettable phenomenon a step further: using Thanksgiving as an opportunity to be “thankful for” developments that are decidedly ungodly – e.g., the advance of out-and-proud homosexualism, including “same-sex marriage,” in the United States.
I came upon this homosexual website article timed for Thanksgiving about homosexuals being thankful for various “gay rights” achievements, including more lesbians on TV! We know as Christians and Bible-respecting Jews that Our Heavenly Father is not smiling on that: here is some eternal, unchanging biblical truth on the sin of lesbianism and homosexuality:
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1: 24-27)
And here is some eternal, unchanging Good News for lesbians and all sinners [emphasis added]:
Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
Thanking God for sin?
And so, we have come full circle: citizens of a nation founded “under God” use our annual day of gratitude — conceived to humbly give thanks to God — to celebrate sin. How insidious is the “Progressive” Left’s radical redefinition of everything noble – patriotism, liberty, equality, and now even God Himself – to advance their destructive agendas?
Read the rest of this article »
Wednesday, November 13th, 2013
Vicious GLN exemplifies left-wing hatred; refused to condemn 2011 brick attack against AFTAH
The radical “Gay Liberation Network is again targeting AFTAH’s banquet this Saturday for one of its protests. GLN’s leaders are so hateful that they refused to condemn the 2011 “gay” activist brick attack against AFTAH. The above notice is filled with misinformation. To view it on GLN’s site, go HERE. To view GLN’s Facebook entry about its protest, go HERE.
Special Note from AFTAH President Peter LaBarbera:
Folks, as you can see from the graphic above, copied off the website of the Chicago group Gay Liberation Network (GLN), we just received word that radical homosexual activists are again planning to protest our annual banquet (this Saturday, Nov. 16th; see AFTAH banquet information page; get a printable PDF banquet flier HERE). The GLN banquet protests have become sort of an annual tradition for AFTAH. But it appears that this year in their rush to publicize their protest, this motley crew of left-wing fanatics got their facts wrong. (Imagine that: the Left caught fibbing.) So I’ve taken the liberty to correct GLN’s mistakes below:
1) YES, Americans For Truth is holding its fund-raising dinner banquet this coming Saturday evening at Christian Liberty Academy (CLA), 502 W. Euclid Ave., Arlington Heights, IL. Doors open at 5:30; dinner is served at 6:30 PM. Tickets are $25 at the door or just $20 if you buy them online by midnight Thursday (tomorrow). And you can still sponsor a Table of 10 for $200. AFTAH banquets are wonderful, informative celebrations of truth, so please come and support us, and bring your friends and family!
(Interesting fact: AFTAH holds our annual event at CLA because several years ago, when we used to hold banquets in hotels, the petty homo-fascists at GLN would harangue the hotel about hosting a “hate group.” Twice we were booted out of hotels based on these malicious misinformation campaigns. Now we hold our banquet at CLA – and even there we were targeted with a glass-shattering brick attack by homosexual militants in the early morning of our banquet in October 2011 [more on this below]. Nobody is more “intolerant” than homosexual activists.)
This poor fellow stood outside Christian Liberty Academy during one of GLN’s protests against Americans For Truth. The Chicago media pretty much give the GLN a free pass by not exposing its extremism.
2) NO, this is NOT a joint fund-raiser between AFTAH and Illinois Family Institute. As much as we love our good friends at IFI and applaud them for all the great work they do throughout the state, they just had a fund-raiser last month! But we understand: all “homophobes” look alike to “progressives” like the GLN. (Of course, I jest: “homophobe” is the smear-term of choice for “gay” activists and their elitist fellow travelers on the Left – meant to deride and demonize their (mostly Christian) opponents as irrational, fearful bigots. The jaundiced term homophobe itself is so discredited that even the liberal-leaning Associated Press has largely given up using it in AP news stories.)
3) YES, our keynote speaker, Sandy Rios, claimed that the (media-hyped) Matthew Shepard “story was a fraud,” but she did so only after interviewing this writer on her AFR Talk program, “Sandy Rios in the Morning.” We discussed the findings of an amazing book by openly homosexual author Stephen Jimenez, The Book of Matt: Hidden Truths about the Murder of Matthew Shepard. In the book Jimenez reveals that, YES, pretty much the entire, convenient “Matthew-Shepard-was-murdered-just-because-he-was-gay” story was fraudulent. And what a coincidence: this “hate crime” tale was cynically exploited to demonize religious conservatives and link defenders of traditional sexual morality with “hate” and even violence toward homosexuals.
The bogus Matt-Shepard-hate-crime story was also repackaged as a tendentious play (The Laramie Project) that has been used to propagandize hundreds of thousands of schoolchildren and young adults in the same false “gay”-activist narrative. In fact, exploiting the false Matthew Shepard story has become big business on the Left.
4) So, indeed, YES, Sandy and I have publicized Jimenez’s well-researched findings that Shepard’s tragic 1998 death was very much “drug-related” – and hence was not a “hate crime.” Jimenez reveals the following about Shepard and his killers, fellow Laramie, Wyoming residents Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson, and the circumstances of the case:
- McKinney and Shepard knew each other (as opposed to McKinney meeting Matthew for the first time on the night of the murder);
- McKinney and Shepard were both involved in using and dealing drugs, especially methamphetamines (meth);
- The two had partied with each other and possibly even had sex with each other as part of the same Laramie drug and social scene; and
- Neither McKinney nor his accomplice and friend, Henderson (both are in jail for life for murdering Shepard), were known for hating homosexuals. (In fact, Henderson’s girlfriend’s mother was in a lesbian relationship and Russell lived with her for months and “there was no evidence whatsoever of Aaron or Russell expressing anti-gay feelings,” Aaron’s father, Bill McKinney, told Jimenez [p. 48].) Compare that to the liberal media/LGBT-promoted story line that McKinney and Henderson – somehow fueled by Religious Right homophobia, which fostered a “climate of anti-gay hate” – murdered Shepard “just because he was gay,” after the latter made a sexual pass at McKinney. [To order Jimenez’s fascinating book on Amazon, go HERE.]
5) Lastly, NO, Sandy Rios never asserted that there was some kind of “pro-gay” conspiracy – a “plan by liberals to kill Matt to use him as ‘propaganda’ for LGBT acceptance.” This is sheer GLN nuttiness. Nobody in his right mind (pardon the pun) would suggest that liberal activists are so diabolical that they would plot to kill the young homosexual Shepard to create a “gay” martyr and thus advance the LGBT agenda! But within hours of the bloody assault, as the Wyoming college student was fighting for his life in a hospital bed, the crime was quickly seized upon – first by close friends of Shepard, then by homosexual advocates, then by the media – as an alleged crime of “anti-gay hate.” Thus it became a pivotal “moment” in America for the Left to advance the LGBT agenda while stigmatizing moral-minded Americans as dangerous bigots. (Jimenez also reveals that even some Laramie police officials joined in promoting the “anti-gay hate crime” theme, perhaps as opportunists caught up in the gay-liberal media spin, or maybe to draw attention away from Laramie’s criminal drug culture.)
Read the rest of this article »
Monday, October 28th, 2013
“To whom can I speak and give warning? Who will listen to me? Their ears are closed so they cannot hear. The word of the Lord is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it.” — Jeremiah 6:10
Spending time reading Scripture (and I don’t spend near the time I should), helps one gain perspective on what truly ails the United States of America. Of all our problems, America’s godlessness and our defiance of biblical Truth (coupled with biblical illiteracy) is our most serious. In many quarters, we have moved from apathy toward the Word of God to utter contempt for it (think: “gay pastors”). We think we’re smarter than God, but we’re not, and our foolish pride will bring us to ruin if we don’t humble ourselves as a nation and repent.
Our national immorality is merely a symptom of a much deeper problem: our rebellion against God. Any nation that glorifies sin tempts God’s holy and righteous judgment. But the very ideas of sin and judgment are ridiculed by the secularists (on Left and Right) who have gained considerable sway over our politics and culture in the U.S. But look back in American history: our leaders feared God and called Americans to repent. (See President Abraham Lincoln’s 1863 Proclamation “Appointing a Day of National Humiliation, Fasting, and Prayer”; can you even imagine Obama doing that?)
Here is a photo from Iowa by Markel Peters. Isn’t it beautiful? Consider it a representation of God and Country. The day (April 3, 2009) that homosexual “marriage” (so-called) was imposed on the people of Iowa — smack in the middle of America’s heartland — was a huge victory for those waging war against godly values (and hence against God) in our nation. Linking the divine institution of marriage to the perversion of homosexuality, and then pretending that these “unions” can achieve God’s blessing, is nothing short of blasphemy on steroids. Domesticated Sin is still sin. No wonder the God-defying Left was ecstatic to see such a uniquely “queer” agenda take hold in the Midwest, once known for its biblical ethos and common sense. [More commentary after photo; click on photo to view enlarged]
As with other issues, the homosexuality debate often pits Urban versus Rural America. Rural America possesses wisdom, tradition and respect for the Bible — while Urban Liberals (and Libertarians), with their haughty irreverence and “tolerance” for radical sexual and gender ideologies, fancy themselves open-minded sophisticates. (Of course, experience tells us that left-wingers and homosexual activists are among the most intolerant and close-minded of all people — witness their irrational and hateful reactions to happy ex-”gays” — but that’s another story.)
Modern liberalism is a “religion,” but one whose “priests rule by their own authority,” not God’s — and its practitioners (both secular and religious) “love it this way” (Jeremiah 5:31). On the homosexual front, a vast array of Religious Left activists are now promoting “gay marriage” and the acceptance of homosexuality as not sinful and even a moral good. Evil is repackaged as good (Isaiah 5:20) as we are told that homosexual “orientation” is a “gift from God” (see my “Satan’s Talking Points” piece). I love American ingenuity, but not when it is applied to rationalizing sin.
How do we respond? Christians must lay hold of the authority of Scripture and preach it to a nation of sinners who are so distracted and out of touch with God that they are ignorant of their own peril. The antidote to pride is going back to biblical basics, preaching the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ, the “hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27). The antidote to secular cynicism and hate is the Love of God, embodied in the same Christ who requires our humility to accept His gift and be saved:
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
“But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
[See God's wonderful plan of salvation HERE.]
Just like the corn that comes up year after year in America’s Heartland, we too will reap what we sow as a nation. Christians who are sold out uncompromisingly to biblical truth may emerge as a small minority in this country, but they will be the only minority that holds the key to the restoration of our great nation. – Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH; email@example.com
Friday, August 30th, 2013
Here’s a wonderful video by Christian pastor Michael Glatze, who overcame the shallow “gay” lifestyle to become whole in Jesus Christ. (He lived a decade in the homosexual life, and at one time was a rising “gay” activist.) I encourage you to watch the entire 20-minute video. But if you are impatient, about halfway through the video, Glatze states, “Homosexuality is not something you need to do…It is not necessary for you to become gay.” Here is a website on the “Romans Road” explanation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To reach Michael, write firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch this on YouTube HERE. You can also listen to AFTAH’s (two-part) radio interview with Glatze in 2010 HERE.
Monday, August 26th, 2013
By Rev. Dr. Clenard H. Childress, Jr.
Donnie McClurkin overcame the pull of homosexuality after being molested as an 8-year-old boy by his pedophile uncle: “The seed of perversion was planted through that molestation,” he said. Now McClurkin is the victim of “gay” activist “bullies” who fear his powerful testimony, says Rev. Childress. See McClurkin’s story at http://ex-gaytruth.com/encyclopedia/donnie-mcclurkin/.
Nationwide (August 26, 2013) Reprinted from BlackNews.com – The hijacking of the Civil Rights Movement by homosexual activists took a quantum leap with the barring of Donnie McClurkin from the Martin Luther King Concert celebration. Such a strategic strike by the LBGT Lobby could not have happened without the compliance of the normal House Negroes of the Democrat Party, who also profit from the plight of African-Americans. This has become typical of Democrat administrations. African-Americans must take complete notice of the fact that the voice of the Black Community was completely disregarded for a few disgruntled homosexual activists. Mayor Vincent Gray, of Washington, D.C., due to pressure from the Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, Transgender lobby, requested internationally known gospel singer, and Senior Pastor of Perfecting Faith Church, of Freeport, New York, be banned from performing. Mayor Gray, and undoubtedly the White House, all agreed.
It is a sad day for the church, especially for the Black Church, for let us realize, this move was executed after careful consideration of the possible repercussions. Their assessment? The Black Church will remain complacent, will more than likely abandon their brother, and go away, with little objection. Such assessments can be made due to the Black Church, and most of its members’ ungodly alliance with the Democrat Party, who now dictates to them who can perform at concerts, and who cannot. Please for one minute don’t think that Mayor Gray didn’t receive a call from the oval office affirming the request of the LGBT insisting that Donnie McClurkin not perform. I might also add, we should not think for a second that Barack Obama, who will be speaking at the Lincoln Memorial next Wednesday, could not have intervened on the behalf of Donnie McClurkin, but refused. The president could have mirrored Martin Luther King’s response to the insistence of the gay agenda being in the platform, by Bayard Rustin [a homosexual] in 1963, which resulted in Rustin leaving the movement. When Martin L. King spoke at the Lincoln Memorial, he stood strong to his moral convictions; the President doesn’t have the same moral convictions as Martin, and in comparison, they are miles apart, and thus you have the expulsion of Donnie McClurkin from the performance. It is clear to one and all, the homosexual agenda trumps the Black Church in urban communities. Regina Griggs of PFOX (Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays) made a very valid and crucial observation stating:
“Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy cited public ‘animus’ against gays as a reason to strike down part of the Defense of Marriage Act, yet gay rights groups promote hatred against former homosexuals,” said Griggs. “As shown with Donnie McClurkin, ex-gays are the most powerless and discriminated against minority in America today. At the behest of gay activists, the black mayor of a major urban city removed an African-American from a civil rights event despite the protests of local black ministers. Respecting the lives of people like Donnie, who have decided to change, and including them in the conversation, is part of building a tolerant society.”
The Machiavellian tactics of the homosexual activists is clearly seen here. They speak tolerance and acceptance, yet they attack, bully, and punish those with whom they disagree.
Read the rest of this article »
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013
Chris Christie sided with homosexual activism over parental rights in signing into a law a bill banning reparative therapy for minors in New Jersey.
AFTAH News Release; contact: Peter LaBarbera: 312-324-3787; email@example.com
August 21, 2013
CHICAGO—Peter LaBarbera, President of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH.org), said today that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie succumbed to homosexual activist propaganda and myths in signing into law a bill that bans professional counselors in the Garden State “from attempting to change a minor’s sexual orientation.”
LaBarbera made the following points regarding Republican Christie siding with the “Big Gay Government” agenda by banning parents from helping their children overcome the destructive pull of homosexuality:
1) Christie cited the pro-“gay” American Psychological Association in claiming that efforts to change sexual orientation “can pose critical health risks” to children. But he strangely did not mention the existence of successful, happy former homosexuals. Nor did he acknowledge the widely-available data pointing to the myriad health risks associated with homosexual behavior itself – such as the rising HIV risk among “young men who have sex with men.”
2) Pro-family advocates call the New Jersey law – like a similar California law – a “Jerry Sandusky” law because it could ban parents from specifically seeking reparative therapy for their child even if the child was molested by a homosexual pedophile (the law’s language is ambiguous on this point [see comments following this blog post by pro-homosexual "evangelical" professor Warren Throckmorton]. Sadly, many “gay” men like CNN’s Don Lemon and MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts do not acknowledge the causative link between their molestation as boys by homosexual predators and their subsequent embrace of a deviant “gay” identity.
3) Lies and calculated LGBT disinformation have muddled the debate and confused the public over the issue of homosexuality and the potential for ex-“gay” change. Falsehoods often are repeated by the liberal media, such as AP’s report of the Christie bill-signing, which stated: “Lawmakers heard horror stories from some during hearings on the ban, including Brielle Goldani of Toms River, who testified she underwent electric shocks and was given drugs to induce vomiting after being sent to an Ohio camp at age 14 to become straight.” (Associated Press report, Politico, Aug. 20)
The problem is Goldani was lying, as was confirmed by Christopher Doyle, himself a successful ex-“gay” who counsels people to overcome unwanted homosexual desires. Doyle tried to track down the “Ohio camp” but discovered that it never existed. Needless to say, Doyle’s clarification did not garner near the attention of Goldani’s horrific yet spurious testimonial tale.
4) Christie is misinformed in claiming that homosexuals are “born gay”: efforts to confirm “born gay” junk science have failed — e.g., the much-heralded studies by homosexual-activist researchers Dean Hamer (1993) and Simon LeVay (1992) could not be replicated. (See www.mygenes.co.nz; Hamer, author of a media-touted “gay gene” study, now makes gay-advocacy documentaries.) Nevertheless, the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA) cunningly includes the word “innate” in its “Stylebook” definition of “sexual orientation,” as revealed in the author’s report on pro-homosexual media bias for America’s Survival. (The NLGJA also collaborates with homosexual gadfly Wayne Besen, hater of “ex-gays” and creator of the “Pray the Gay Away” polemical smear.) Homosexual activists and liberals often fall back on the convenient “born gay” myth as a way of avoiding the reality that homosexuality – primarily environmentally influenced — is about immoral, unhealthy, and changeable behavior.
5) Christie’s statement (relying on his “born gay” belief) that homosexuality is not a sin is not only a repudiation of his own Catholic teachings on homosexuality. It is also a craven capitulation to the secular political correctness of this age that celebrates homosexuality and extreme gender confusion as “civil rights.”
Americans for Truth
P.O. Box 5522
Naperville, IL 60567-5522
Want to See Every New AFTAH Article?
If you don't want to miss anything posted on the Americans For Truth website, sign up for our "Feedblitz" service that gives you a daily email of every new article that we post. (This service DOES NOT replace the regular email list.) To sign up for the Feedblitz service, click here.