“Sexual Orientation”/”Gender Identity” and the Law
Monday, August 29th, 2016
Transgenders who get “sex reassignment” surgery 19 times more likely to die by suicide; findings do not support encouraging young children to pursue opposite-sex ‘gender identity’
Child Sexual Abuse and Homosexuality: Two self-identified “gay” national cable news anchors, Don Lemon of CNN and Thomas Roberts of MSNBC, were victimized as boys by homosexual predators. A new special report in the journal The New Atlantis reveals that, “Compared to heterosexuals, non-heterosexuals are about two to three times as likely to have experienced childhood sexual abuse.” Click to enlarge.
Folks, below is the Executive Summary of a new, in-depth special report, “Sexuality and Gender: Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social Sciences,” appearing in The New Atlantis: A Journal of Technology & Society (Fall 2016). The report is co-authored by Lawrence Mayer and Dr. Paul McHugh. Mayer is identified as a “scholar in residence in the Department of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and a professor of statistics and biostatistics at Arizona State University.” McHugh is a world renowned psychiatrist and professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at John Hopkins.
I highly recommend that you join me in reading or at least scanning this report. You can view or download a PDF copy of the 116-page “Sexuality and Gender” report (plus endnotes) HERE. Or you can order a printed copy of the issue for $7 HERE. Sign up for New Atlantis e-updates HERE, or go to their Twitter page. — @PeterLaBarbera, AFTAH
Emphasis in bold is ours below:
Executive Summary – “Sexuality and Gender: Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social Sciences”; The New Atlantis, Fall 2016
This report presents a careful summary and an up-to-date explanation of research — from the biological, psychological, and social sciences — related to sexual orientation and gender identity. It is offered in the hope that such an exposition can contribute to our capacity as physicians, scientists, and citizens to address health issues faced by LGBT populations within our society.
Some key findings:
Part One: Sexual Orientation
- The understanding of sexual orientation as an innate, biologically fixed property of human beings — the idea that people are “born that way” — is not supported by scientific evidence.
- While there is evidence that biological factors such as genes and hormones are associated with sexual behaviors and attractions, there are no compelling causal biological explanations for human sexual orientation. While minor differences in the brain structures and brain activity between homosexual and heterosexual individuals have been identified by researchers, such neurobiological findings do not demonstrate whether these differences are innate or are the result of environmental and psychological factors.
- Longitudinal studies of adolescents suggest that sexual orientation may be quite fluid over the life course for some people, with one study estimating that as many as 80% of male adolescents who report same-sex attractions no longer do so as adults (although the extent to which this figure reflects actual changes in same-sex attractions and not just artifacts of the survey process has been contested by some researchers).
- Compared to heterosexuals, non-heterosexuals are about two to three times as likely to have experienced childhood sexual abuse.
Part Two: Sexuality, Mental Health Outcomes, and Social Stress
- Compared to the general population, non-heterosexual subpopulations are at an elevated risk for a variety of adverse health and mental health outcomes.
- Members of the non-heterosexual population are estimated to have about 1.5 times higher risk of experiencing anxiety disorders than members of the heterosexual population, as well as roughly double the risk of depression, 1.5 times the risk of substance abuse, and nearly 2.5 times the risk of suicide.
- Members of the transgender population are also at higher risk of a variety of mental health problems compared to members of the non-transgender population. Especially alarmingly, the rate of lifetime suicide attempts across all ages of transgender individuals is estimated at 41%, compared to under 5% in the overall U.S. population.
Read the rest of this article »
Thursday, August 25th, 2016
Warning: This report contains some offensive descriptions and graphics
Self-Delusion, Self-Destruction: This is a young Massachusetts woman who had her healthy breasts surgically removed to live out her “transgender” fantasy that she is a “man.” The homosexual-transgender lobby is advocating such body-mutilating surgeries even for “trans” minors–and at taxpayers’ expense through the military and government-subsidized health care. Photo: MassResistance.org.
This special report by AFTAH president Peter LaBarbera for Accuracy in Media was first published by AIM on August 19, 2016; we have taken the liberty of adding several photos with captions to the original article.
By Peter LaBarbera, Special Report for Accuracy in Media
The purpose of this report is to expose and refute some of the longstanding statistical lies and propagandistic myths of the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) activist movement. With media support, homosexual and leftist activists now openly campaign to banish dissenting conservative voices. This dangerous dynamic gives the homosexual-transgender lobby nearly full rein to advance its agenda, which now includes:
- Levying large fines to punish Christians and traditionalists who do not want to participate with their small business in homosexual “weddings”;
- Criminalizing pro-heterosexual change therapy for sexually confused minors;
- Using the government to force schools and businesses to allow “transgenders”—e.g., men who think they are women—to use public female (opposite-sex) restrooms and locker rooms;
- Using LGBT “nondiscrimination” laws to mandate that public schools and businesses punish anyone who does not adhere to politically-correct transgender-inclusive language—such as using “zir” instead of “her.” New York City now demands “respect” for 31 “gender identities,” including “genderqueer,” “third sex” and “pangender”;
- Taxpayer-funding for horrifying, body-disfiguring “sex reassignment surgeries,” e.g., a woman having her healthy breasts surgically removed to look like a flat-chested “man,” or a man having his penis surgically destroyed to craft a makeshift “vagina”;
- Allowing transsexuals into the U.S. military, and paying for their destructive, gender-bending “surgeries” in the name of “health care”;
- Encouraging young people to adopt opposite-sex “gender identities”—even going so far as encouraging underage children to take hormones to offset puberty—in a futile attempt to “become” the opposite sex—or worse: allowing minor boys and girls to have their sexual organs surgically mutilated to appear like the opposite-sex; and
- Teaching very young children—even kindergartners—to accept homosexuality and the radical “transgender” idea that they can choose a “gender identity” that does not match their biological sex.
So awash is the public in pro-homosexual propaganda that a 2011 Gallup poll found the average American “guesstimated” that a whopping 25 percent of the population is “gay.” (Women and people under 30 put the number even higher, at around 30 percent.) The actual percentage of homosexual men, lesbians and bisexuals in the U.S. population is just 2.3 percent (see below).
The 10 Percent Myth
This ’10 Percent’ Lie Helped Grow “Gay” Power: For decades homosexual activists promoted the myth — started by a homosexual activist — that a full 10 percent of the populace is “gay.” Reality finally caught up with the LGBT Lobby: a major U.S. government survey found that only 2.3 percent of those polled in 2013 identified as lesbian, gay or bisexual. Above is a book by homosexual activist Kevin Jennings claiming that one in ten teachers is homosexual.
The “10 percent” myth is one of the most enduring propaganda claims of the homosexual activist movement. Concocted in the late 1970s by Bruce Voeller, founder of the National Gay Task Force (predecessor of today’s National LGBTQ Task Force), it was accompanied by the slogan, “We Are Everywhere.”
Thus, just as “gay” militants pressured and bullied America’s mental health professionals to remove homosexuality from the list of mental disorders in 1973, they greatly exaggerated the homosexual population to expand their political power in subsequent years. And the media duly cooperated by promoting the statistical sham. For decades American reporters treated the 10 percent claim—a misreading of deviant, pioneering “sexologist” Alfred Kinsey’s discredited research—as fact, using it to “report” huge numbers of alleged homosexuals in society.
The 10 percent myth served its purpose of projecting enormous “gay” political strength when the movement was still weak. But study after study came up with estimates of the homosexual-bisexual population under 5 percent. A massive 2014 survey of 35,557 Americans by the federal National Center for Health Statistics dealt a death blow to the Ten Percent claim. It found that only 1.6 percent of those polled identified as “gay or lesbian,” while 0.7 percent said they were “bisexual.” In 2011 the pro-LGBT Williams Institute at UCLA estimated that 0.3 percent identified as transgender. Thus a combined estimate for homosexuals, bisexuals and transgenders in America is around 3 percent.
Born Gay?—No Way
Another popular “gay” activist myth is the notion that homosexuals are “born that way.” This convenient narrative—stoked for many years by LGBT advocates—takes morality out of the homosexual debate by suggesting that homosexuals are not responsible for their sexual behaviors because “being gay” is a genetic part of “who they are.”
From a scientific perspective, however, the “born gay” myth—like its bogus “10 Percent Gay” counterpart—has fallen on hard times. In the 1990s, talk of a “gay gene” was all the rage after then-closeted homosexual researcher Dean Hamer published a media-ballyhooed 1993 study in the journal Sciencepurporting to find a “genetic marker” for male homosexual “orientation.” But Science could not replicate its own study, and other attempts failed as well. Now genetic homosexuality is no longer in vogue, although the possibility of a “gay gene” still excites reporters.
Read the rest of this article »
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016
Folks, I encourage you to support my friend (and AFTAH Board Member) Matt Barber by buying his book, “Hating Jesus: The American Left’s War on Christianity”–co-authored with Paul Hair. What I love about Matt is his aggressive approach–a welcome contrast to the guilt-ridden, defensive (and beaten down) posture that so many Christians and conservatives have in dealing with Big Gay Inc. Buy Hating Jesus on Amazon HERE. Congrats to Matt and Paul for their book, which hopefully will toughen up a lot of spines! This review first appeared on Barbwire.com–Matt’s excellent website.–@Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
Jesus Haters’ Evil Agenda Exposed
By Gina Miller
While it is becoming increasingly difficult, in the face of glaring evidence to the contrary, for members of the Marxist Left to deny their war on Christianity, they still press on with their deceptive denials. “There’s no ‘war on Christianity’!” they mockingly proclaim. But now, Matt Barber, with the assistance of Paul Hair, has written a book that shatters the lies of Christ haters everywhere.
In “Hating Jesus: The American Left’s War On Christianity,” Matt takes the reader step by step through the irrefutable facts about the war on Christianity and Christians being waged in the United States. The ultimate goal of those waging the war is the outlawing of all things Christ, including freedom itself.
In this must-read book, Matt explains that America was indeed founded as a Christian nation, not a “theocracy,” but a Christian nation. He explains the difference and then proceeds to take the reader through some of the many examples of attacks on Christians and Christianity. He reveals the deeper purpose of this anti-Christian war, how the Godless Left created an in-depth strategy for the obliteration of Christianity in the United States and how the lukewarm church let it happen. Finally, he outlines the ways in which we can fight back and even reverse the evil gains of this satanic army of Christ haters.
If you’ve been paying even a little attention over the past decade or so, you will know that one of the main groups of people targeting Christians and Christianity in America are militant homosexuals and related deviants. As Matt explains in the introduction of the book:
To be sure, while there are many persons and groups in the U.S. who hate Christ, perhaps the chief extremists leading the War on Christianity are the “LGBT” special interests; or, as I prefer, the “Big Sin” lobby. They are tremendously well-funded, organized and highly influential. For this reason, you will see multiple examples in the coming pages of homosexuals attacking Christianity in general, and Christians in particular, even as there remain myriad more anti-Christian and other “progressive” extremist groups (some of which we will detail) who, likewise, hate authentic Christianity in America.
Read the rest of this article »
Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Biden once wanted to be a priest; now he mocks his Catholic religion and the Creator of the universe — in the name of “love”
The Obama-Biden administration has been an eight-year commercial for aberrant sexuality and gender confusion–otherwise known as the LGBTQ movement–in defiance of God and wholesome, biblical morality. On August 1, Vice-President Biden “officiated” at a homosexual “marriage” ceremony between two White House staffers, Brian Mosteller and Joe Mahshie, and social liberals everywhere celebrated. More commentary after the jump.
Catholic in Name Only – Joe Biden officiates at a homosexual “wedding” of two White House staffers, Biden is Catholic and once considered becoming a priest.
Biden performed the counterfeit “marriage” ceremony at August 1 “inside the vice president’s residence, located at the U.S. Naval Observatory,” as LifeSiteNews reported. Biden’s wife Jill is also a big supporter of “gay rights” (she is a strong supporter of the homosexual activists group GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network). The Second Lady offered what has become the familiar, trite mantra for LGBT and pro-homosexual-“marriage” advocates: “Love is Love”:
Read the rest of this article »
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
No Law Can Make Sodomy Safe or Good: Poster warns attendees of International Mr. Leather (IML), a homosexual deviance-sex-fest held every year in Chicago, of the increased risk for meningitis among “gay and bisexual men.” See AFTAH’s story on IML 2016. Also see the Chicago Health Department release on homosexual men and meningitis.
The following was released today by the Catholic Action League, a Massachusetts pro-family group:
SATURDAY, JULY 30, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: C. J. DOYLE
Phone: (617) 524-6309;
DEFEND TRADITIONAL MORALITY, OPPOSE HOUSE BILL 4392!
Because so many members of the General Court were away this week at the Democratic National Convention, the Massachusetts Legislature will close out its 2016 session with a special weekend sitting of the House and the Senate today, July 30th, and tomorrow, July 31st.
One of the proposed laws which may emerge from the Committee on Third Readings is a pernicious measure sponsored by Representative Byron Rushing, (D-Boston), House Bill 4392, which would repeal the remaining prohibitions in the General Laws of the Commonwealth against adultery, fornication, and sodomy—“the abominable and detestable crime against nature.” This repeal is a longstanding objective of homosexual activists in Massachusetts.
The bill would also remove the designation of “subversive” from the Communist Party, at a time when the so-called RevComs—Revolutionary Communists—are protesting alongside elements of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Although these laws are no longer enforced, they have significant symbolic value. The law is a teacher, from whom many in society learn what is right from what is wrong. Passage of this secularist measure would erase, in matters of sexual ethics, the last vestiges of Biblical morality and natural law in the criminal statutes of Massachusetts, completing the process of de-Christianization.
Please contact House Speaker Robert A. DeLeo and House Minority Leader Bradley H. Jones and urge them to stop this proposed legislation from being rushed through at the end of the legislative session!
You may reach Speaker DeLeo by telephone at 617-722-2500, or by email at Robert.DeLeo@mahouse.gov. Representative Jones may be reached at 617-722-2100 and at Bradley.Jones@mahouse.gov.
You may find the telephone number and email address of your own state representative by going to https://malegislature.gov.
Friday, July 29th, 2016
Homosexual activist icon preferred “boyish-looking” young men as sexual partners;
Had sexual relationship with a minor boy while in his thirties;
Tricked fellow male sailors into coming to his apartment for deviant sex;
He likely staged a fake “hate crime” against himself;
Milk himself was molested by homosexual men as a boy
He led “active homosexual life” by age 14
Man-Boy Love? The side of Harvey Milk that liberals ignore: This photo of Harvey Milk (left) and his teenage homosexual lover, Jack Galen McKinley, appears in Randy Shilts’ book, “The Mayor of Castro Street.” Note the caption: “Harvey Milk with Jack Galen McKinley and their dog, Trick. (courtesy of the estate of Harvey Milk).” McKinley was 16 or 17 at the time, while Milk was in his mid-thirties. “Trick” was named after the “gay” slang word for the client of a homosexual hustler (prostitute). Milk preferred “boy-looking” young men as lovers. By repeatedly honoring Milk as an American civil rights hero, President Obama is dishonoring the United States of America, and now our Armed Forces. Click to enlarge.
TAKE ACTION: Contact your U.S. Representative and Senators and ask then to fight this outrage of naming a United States Navy ship after a sexual predator, homosexual activist politician Harvey Milk. According to his biographer, Milk as a sailor actually used trickery to lure other sailors into sodomitic encounters, and he had a sexual relationship with a minor boy when he was in his thirties. Call the House at 202-225-3121 and the Senate at 202-224-3121; find your federal representatives HERE.
Operation Sodomize Fellow Sailors: While in the U.S. Navy, Harvey Milk reportedly used trickery to seduce fellow sailors in San Diego who were en route to Korea into sodomitic encounters–by inviting them to crash in a bed at his apartment in San Diego, where they soon found out there was just a single bed. He also lied about being dishonorably discharged to win public sympathy.
Folks, Barack Obama’s Navy is about to honor a potential statutory rapist by naming a ship after assassinated openly homosexual San Francisco politician Harvey Milk, who is credited by LGBT advocates with being the first ardent homosexual activist politician to mobilize mass “gay” political power to win public office. U.S. Naval Institute News was first to report:
The Navy is set to name a ship after the gay rights icon and San Francisco politician Harvey Milk, according to a Congressional notification obtained by USNI News.
The July 14, 2016 notification, signed by Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus, indicated he intended to name a planned Military Sealift Command fleet oiler USNS Harvey Milk (T-AO-206). The ship would be the second of the John Lewis-class oilers being built by General Dynamics NASSCO in San Diego, Calif.
The Secretary of the Navy’s office is deferring releasing additional information until the naming announcement, a Navy official told USNI News on Thursday.
As the late celebrated homosexual journalist Randy Shilts documented in his hagiography on Milk, “The Mayor of Castro Street,” Milk, then in his thirties, had a sexual relationship with a 16 year-old boy, Jack Galen McKinley. (Another Milk biographer claimed that McKinley was 17, not 16.)
While in the Navy, stationed in San Diego, the promiscuous (and devious) Milk lured sailors en route to Korea to his apartment off base. Instead of crashing on the floor at the YMCA, Milk would tell the sailors, why not sleep in a comfortable bed in his apartment? “The guests often would not know that Milk’s apartment had only one bed until they walked in the door,” writes Shilts (see below). Shilts also lied about being dishonorably discharged from the Navy to win sympathy [see below; AFTAH will have more on Shilts in future posts.]
Read the rest of this article »
Monday, July 25th, 2016
Fox News, media, Republican social liberals cheer on LGBTQ agenda in Cleveland
“Fake” Culture Wars? Donald Trump gave homosexual (activist) Republican and PayPal founder Peter Thiel a prime-time slot to address the Republican convention–and he used it to belittle the “culture wars” and pro-family campaigns against “transgender rights,” i.e., laws allowing men wearing dresses to use female restrooms. AFTAH does not cower to political correctness: we tell the truth: that God makes no special dispensation for Republican homosexuality as opposed to the Democrat variety.
By Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH Special Report, Part One
Quick Summary [see videos at bottom]:
- Donald Trump is already taking the Republican Party in a pro-homosexual direction
- Trump as a life-long New Yorker has a history of supporting homosexual “rights”
- In his speech accepting the GOP presidential nomination, Trump went out of his way to affirm the “LGBTQ [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and/or Questioning] community”
- Meanwhile, Trump said nothing about overturning the Supreme Courts’s Obergefell ruling imposing homosexual “marriage” on the states
- Trump also ignored the battle raging between “gay rights” and freedom of conscience [see this Colorado baker case update]. And his long speech did not mention abortion and the plight of the unborn
- All these issues were featured prominently in the conservative 2016 GOP Platform approved in Cleveland
- Trump did champion a repeal of the Johnson Amendment inhibiting churches from political involvement. This will greatly help Christians and pastors to engage culturally if he succeeds
- Trump invited openly homosexual PayPal founder and “gay” activist Peter Thiel to give a prime time address at the GOP convention [watch video at bottom]
- Thiel used the opportunity to deride the “Culture Wars” as “fake”; said he was “proud to be gay”; and he belittled pro-family efforts opposing “transgender rights” laws
- Fox News and other major media applauded Thiel and generally celebrated the “gay Republican” cause
- Fox News’ Megyn Kelly brought on young homosexual Republican Guy Benson and a liberal Democrat–but no social conservative–to comment on Thiel’s address
Homosexualism in the name of “freedom”…is being pushed in the GOP by groups like the American Victory Fund. Shown above are (left to right): Montel Williams, Margaret Hoover and Bruce (“Caitlyn”) Jenner at a widely covered AUL event held at the Republican convention in Cleveland. Watch Jenner’s and Williams’ presentation at the AUL event here. Photo: American United Fund website.
- A convention event put on by the American Unity Fund–a pro-LGBT Republican group–featuring Bruce (“Caitlyn”) Jenner and Montel Williams also received wide media attention in Cleveland
- In contrast, dissident conservative voices–e.g., pro-life and pro-natural marriage voices–will likely receive little media attention at the left-leaning Democratic convention this week
- Socialcons, Beware: Throughout the GOP primary campaign, some socially liberal and libertarian Republicans welcomed Trump’s rise because, to quote one writer, it “appears to have broken the stranglehold social conservatives have had on the party’s primary process”
- The pro-LGBTQ appeal within the GOP is being marketed to and in part driven by millennial voters (ages 18-29)–who, polls show, favor “same-sex marriage” and are more accepting of homosexuality than older demographics
- However, transcendent, biblical morality is timeless and is not determined by polls
- Unlike many politically correct conservatives who walk on eggshells when discussing “gay Republicans” and the GOP’s perversion-enabling “Big Tent,” we at Americans For Truth embrace and boldly defend historic truth: homosexualism is immoral whether advanced by Democrats or Republicans, or by young people or older people.
- And with God’s help, people can overcome the sin of homosexuality: see this inspiring interview with former “gay” Frank Worthen
- Conservatives have long condemned “moral relativism,” but that is the essence of the new campaign by GOP moderates and social liberals to rationalize homosexualism and gender confusion in the name of freedom and conservatism
- Openly homosexual Republicans and their “straight allies” may be conservative on a variety of issues, but on homosexual and transgender issues they usually echo liberal, LGBT talking points
- If the GOP becomes a party espousing homosexual “marriage” and “LGBT rights”–i.e., a “Democrat-Lite” party on moral and social issues–it will cease to be truly conservative and pro-family. It will dishonor God, and become an agent of destructive change in America
Dear AFTAH Readers,
Like Gov. Mike Pence, the Indiana governor and Donald Trump’s choice for his vice-presidential running mate, for the last 30-odd years since I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I have considered myself a Christian first, a conservative second and a Republican third—“in that order,” as Pence says.
I became interested in the “gay” (homosexual) revolution in America about 25 years ago. It has been fascinating to watch the interplay of homosexualism, Republicanism, media and Christianity in politics and culture even since. The treatment of homosexualism—which I define as essentially the celebration of homosexuality as a “civil right” and a proud, personal identity—is one indicator of the spiritual and moral health of a society.
As sober and biblically-minded Christians know, the news is not good in America. Like much of the West, we have a spiritual sickness—moral relativism, rooted in disrespect for God and his Laws. We love our sin and the tolerance thereof more than we love God and love Truth (capital “T,” what used to be called absolute truth).
Now that spiritual sickness has infected the Republican Party and “conservative” media, and the result can only be the further deterioration of the patient—because true “goodness” is rooted in God alone and His holy Word–not man’s fickle, transitory and self-rationalizing ideas. — @Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH
- Outstanding Resources: Order Robert Reilly’s excellent book, Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexual Behavior Is Changing Everything, for $25 postpaid—and support Americans For Truth in the process! Give online HERE (note book in memo) or send $25/book (request “Making Gay Okay”) to AFTAH, PO Box 5522, Naperville, IL 60567-5522.]
- Also: A Gem for Just $5: Get your copy of the late Dr. Charles Socarides’ book: Homosexuality: A Freedom Too Far: A Psychoanalyst Answers 1,000 Questions Abut Causes and Cure and the Impact of the Gay Rights Movement on American Society — for any gift to AFTAH of just $5 or more postpaid. Give online here.
Read the rest of this article »
Tuesday, July 19th, 2016
“Man-made law must be consistent with God-given, natural rights,” asserts GOP’s guiding document
No Longer Free: New Mexico photographers Elaine and Jon Huguenin were fined more than $6,000 for politely refusing to shoot photos at a lesbian commitment ceremony, due to their Christian faith. The suit against them was filed under New Mexico’s “sexual orientation” law. The Huguenins appealed the decision but ultimately lost in the New Mexico Supreme Court. The U.S. Supreme Court is expected to one day hear a case that will help decide whether “gay rights” supersedes Americans’ freedom of conscience on homosexual “marriage.” The next president could pick as many as four SCOTUS justices.
The following are extended excerpts of the newly minted 2016 Republican Party Platform, with a focus on the social issues and religious freedom (emphasis ours):
We the People
We are the party of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. The Declaration sets forth the fundamental precepts of American government: That God bestows certain inalienable rights on every individual, thus producing human equality; that government exists first and foremost to protect those inalienable rights; that man-made law must be consistent with God-given, natural rights; and that if God-given, natural, inalienable rights come in conflict with government, court, or human-granted rights, God-given, natural, inalienable rights always prevail; that there is a moral law recognized as “the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God”; and that American government is to operate with the consent of the governed. We are also the party of the Constitution, the greatest political document ever written. It is the solemn compact built upon principles of the Declaration that enshrines our God-given individual rights and law, defines the purposes and limits of government, and is the blueprint for ordered liberty that makes the United States the world’s freest and most prosperous nation. …
In a free society, the primary role of government is to protect the God-given, inalienable rights of its citizens. These constitutional rights are not negotiable for any American. We affirm that all legislation, regulation, and official actions must conform to the Constitution’s original meaning as understood at the time the language was adopted.
Defending Marriage Against an Activist Judiciary
Traditional marriage and family, based on marriage between one man and one woman, is the foundation for a free society and has for millennia been entrusted with rearing children and instilling cultural values. We condemn the Supreme Court’s ruling in United States v. Windsor, which wrongly removed the ability of Congress to define marriage policy in federal law. We also condemn the Supreme Court’s lawless ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, which in the words of the late Justice Antonin Scalia, was a “judicial Putsch” — full of “silly extravagances” — that reduced “the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Storey to the mystical aphorisms of a fortune cookie.” In Obergefell, five unelected lawyers robbed 320 million Americans of their legitimate constitutional authority to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman. The Court twisted the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment beyond recognition. To echo Scalia, we dissent. We, therefore, support the appointment of justices and judges who respect the constitutional limits on their power and respect the authority of the states to decide such fundamental social questions.
The First Amendment: Religious Liberty
Read the rest of this article »
Americans for Truth
P.O. Box 5522
Naperville, IL 60567-5522
Want to See Every New AFTAH Article?
If you don't want to miss anything posted on the Americans For Truth website, sign up for our "Feedblitz" service that gives you a daily email of every new article that we post. (This service DOES NOT replace the regular email list.) To sign up for the Feedblitz service, click here.