Archive for December, 2013
Tuesday, December 31st, 2013
Holmberg exposes the sad reality of ‘gay’ male and lesbian “homosex”
By Eric Holmberg, reprinted with permission from The Apologetics Group website
WARNING: Graphic language describing the reality of lesbian and male homosexual sodomies
One of the things I most appreciated about Phil Robertson’s comments to the snoots at GQ was the manner in which he colorfully pointed out the anatomical absurdity of homosex. (WARNING: please read no further if you are a child, pietist, or are easily offended.) Like a red-neck version of Elijah (who may well have been considered a redneck himself circa 9th century BC) mocking the prophets of Baal and the potty habits of their pathetic god (1 Kings 18:27), the bearded one dared to compare the desirability of a certain female body part to its closest correspondent in males.
Various “dildos” including gigantic fake penises and “fisting” dildos (mimicking the grotesque “gay” sexual perversion in which a man inserts his hand and forearm up the rectum of his “partner”) — for sale in a San Francisco Castro district sex store called, “Does Your Mother Know?” (We suspect not.) Eric Holmberg argues that critics of homosexualism need to find ways to discuss the realities of “homosex” itself and its destructive, disease-causing consequences. Note: some lesbian and hetero sadomasochists also practice a version of “fisting.” Photo: AFTAH. Click to enlarge.
In so doing Robertson pushed back against one of the key strategies of the architects of the LGBTQ putsch: that is to take the “sex” out of “homosexuality” – to redefine it as a simple orientation (like being left-handed) and disconnect it as much as possible from what people actually do to each other in bed (or in a bathroom or the bushes). For proof of this simply read After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90s (Doubleday: New York, 1989) – the seminal book by homosexual, and Harvard educated, activists Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen. See, for example, page 178:
“In the early stages of the campaign, the public should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex per se should be downplayed, and the issue of gay rights reduced, as far as possible, to an abstract social question,” Kirk and Madsen write in a section in After the Ball titled, “Strategy: Persuasion, not Invasion.”
Christians and anyone else concerned about the normalization of homosexuality and other perversions of God’s design for gender and sexual behavior should shake off the shackles of Newspeak and begin to graciously but firmly – using irony and shock where necessary – join Robertson in pushing back against this agenda. We need to make like Elijah and point out the absurdities inherent in the practice of homosex; how the wages of sin will not only surely be spiritual death, but can lead to physical sickness and death as well.
Three simple points I like to make, in order of increasing shock factor:
1. According to one peer-reviewed  study done towards the end of the 20th century, the life expectancy for the average 20-year-old gay or bisexual man [assessing “vital statistics data … obtained for a large Canadian urban centre from 1987 to 1992”] was 8 to 21 years less than his heterosexual counterpart. (See the International Journal of Epidemiology.) Here [in 2001] the authors actually condemn as “homophobic” anyone who dares to point to their research as evidence that homosexuality carries with it certain inherent health risks. And yet they in no way deny the statistical evidence their research has uncovered. (This is one of the best examples of “professing to be wise and remaining fools” I have ever stumbled upon.) [Editor’s Note: Life expectancy for homosexual men is now much longer compared to when the original IJE study was done in 1997 — due mainly to AIDS antiretroviral drugs. Nevertheless, “men who have sex with men” (MSM) remain at the epicenter of the HIV/AIDS epidemic,” said a CDC specialist describing a Fact Sheet assessing 2010 infections and published by the CDC earlier this year. Read the original 1997 Canadian study on “gay” and bisexual men’s lifespan HERE and the authors’ short 2001 response (referenced by Holmberg above) to conservatives who used their data to criticize pro-homosexual activism HERE.]
Read the rest of this article »
Tuesday, December 31st, 2013
Here’s a short but good takeaway from the A&E/Duck Dynasty hubbub by Jason Salamone, Research Associate at Americans For Truth. We will also post the linked piece by Christian filmmaker Eric Holmberg:
By Jason Salamone
Let this be a lesson to us who are afraid to point out the behavioral aspects of homosexuality. Phil Robertson’s comment of “man’s anus versus vagina” may be crude, but it reminded people of what “homosexuals” actually do in bed. On Piers Morgan’s show, Dr. Michael Brown was able to capitalize and drive that point home again when he stated, “The rectum is part of the disposal system. It’s not meant for sexuality.” Bottom line is, we have an inherent disgust about that, even those who claim to be proponents or the most sympathetic to homosexual causes. This article will explain better at what I’m getting at here…
Monday, December 30th, 2013
AmericansForTruth Press Relase
GIVING PERVERSION A PLATFORM: The Tournament of Roses is making immoral history for America by including a float featuring a “live” homosexual “wedding” in its annual New Year’s Day Rose Parade. The “gay marriage” movement is becoming a huge platform from which to corrupt innocent children into accepting homosexualism as normal and good. This image is adapted from one posted by homosexual activist and GLAAD spokesman Jeremy Hooper on his “Good as You” blog. Hooper (right) chose to use his “marriage” for LGBT activism. We have blocked his image for decency.
Contact: Peter LaBarbera: 312-324-3787; email@example.com; on Twitter @PeterLaBarbera
TAKE ACTION: to contact Tournament of Roses organizers about celebrating homosexual perversion in the storied parade watched by countless children, call (626)449-4100 or go HERE.
Read this release on Christian Newswire HERE
CHICAGO – Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH) President Peter LaBarbera offers the following seven lessons from the first-ever homosexual “wedding” float at the annual Rose Parade in Pasadena on New Year’s Day — another tragic marker of America’s moral decline.
- THE HOMOSEXUAL “MARRIAGE” MOVEMENT IS EVIL: Moral-minded Americans need to face the truth of what the homosexual “marriage” movement is: a social evil – anti-Christian to the core – that celebrates what the Bible calls an egregious sexual sin as a moral good. Homosexual activists’ are desperate to “normalize” their aberrant lifestyle; their movement has become the Left’s vanguard in undermining and redefining civilized Judeo-Christian principles. The LGBT Lobby has become what historian Paul Johnson calls a “Monster in our Midst,” trampling over and appropriating society’s wholesome traditions and institutions – even Christianity itself — to achieve its godless goals.
- PLATFORM TO CORRUPT CHILDREN: The homosexual “marriage” movement corrupts impressionable children by teaching them that wrong is right (Isaiah 5:20) and that erotic “love” between two people of the same sex is “equal” to natural marital love as ordained by God. Jesus Christ had strong words for anyone who promotes sin and corrupts the souls of innocent children.
- EVEN “CONSERVATIVE” ASPECTS OF LGBT AGENDA ARE RADICAL: The Rose Parade’s live homosexual “wedding” again illustrates that even the supposedly “conservative” side of the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) agenda is revolutionary and destructive – primarily because legalized, “domesticated” homosexualism provides a very public platform from which to redefine God’s wonderful institutions of marriage and family. “Gay” activists and their liberal allies co-opt noble institutions like the Rose Parade and use them to indoctrinate children in the Big Lies that homosexuality is: 1) just another kind of love; and 2) a mere “civil rights” issue. Similarly, schools across America are being used to promote immoral same-sex conduct as an “equality” issue.
- SYMBOLIC OF AMERICA’S DECLINE: The “gay wedding” float is symbolic of America’s ongoing moral disintegration: in the name of “tolerance,” “diversity” and “inclusion,” we proudly parade our sin down our streets – defying our Creator and aggressively corrupting the minds and souls of future generations. As historians have documented, sexual immorality, escalating fornication and the abandonment of fidelity in marriage bring about the collapse of civilizations; the United States will be no exception. No wonder developing nations like Jamaica don’t want to emulate us.
- FOLLY OF SECULAR (PRO-“GAY”) “CONSERVATIVES: The homosexual “wedding” float clearly demonstrates the folly of secular “conservatives” (like atheist S.E. Cupp) and libertarians who argue that legalized homosexual “marriage” is a conservative proposition. Radically remolding God-given institutions to celebrate sin – and modeling such deviance and confusion as normal to impressionable children – is hardly “conservative.” In fact, it is the essence of the Left’s destructive Sexual Revolution. Republicans will seal their own demise if they foolishly embrace counterfeit “marriage” and other aspects of homosexualism, replacing their pro-family Platform.
- DEMONIZING CHRISTIANS AS “HATERS” AND “BIGOTS”: As the Phil Robertson/Duck Dynasty controversy shows, homosexual groups like GLAAD regularly smear moral and religious critics with malicious slurs like “Bigots, Haters, and Homophobes.” Opposing homosexualism (the ideology of proud homosexuality as a “civil right”) in all its forms is not “hate.” Rather, it is being faithfully obedient to our loving, holy Creator. True Christians should offer the hope of the life-changing Gospel – not counterfeit “marriage” – to homosexuals. Jesus has helped many people like Michael Glatze abandon homosexual sin.
- FAITHFUL CHRISTIANS MUST SPEAK OUT NOW: The unbiblical “progressive evangelical” and liberal Catholic movement to affirm unrepentant homosexuals as “Christians” serves Satan’s agenda, not God’s. (Substitute another sexual sin for “gay” and see if it makes sense: would the Rose Parade allow a live incestuous “union” atop one of its floats?) Bible-believing Christians must speak out against the agenda to normalize homosexuality — especially since children are its target. If Christians will not resist the evil specter of homosexual “marriage,” who will?
Educate Your Church and Social Network
Peter LaBarbera (on Twitter @PeterLaBarbera) has more than two decades experience fighting and exposing the powerful, well-funded homosexual lobby. He is available as a speaker on a number of topics surrounding the “gay/transgender” agenda and the promotion of biblical sexual morality, such as:
- Gay Power vs. Religious Liberty;
- Pro-Homosexual Indoctrination in Schools;
- Reclaiming Uncompromising Biblical Sexual Morality;
- Pro-“Gay” Media Bias;
- Homosexual Activism and the “Criminalization of Christianity”; and
- The Slippery Slope of “Gay Rights”: From Tolerance to “Gay Marriage” to Criminalizing Opponents.
Write firstname.lastname@example.org or call AFTAH at 312-324-3787 to book LaBarbera at your church or group event.
Tuesday, December 24th, 2013
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.” (John 3: 16-18)
“This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.” (Romans 3:22)
Nativity scene in Chicago’s Daley Plaza. An atheists’ display sits nearby — offering a contrast between God and secularism, and good and evil.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Blessed Holiday, as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World! Yesterday I had planned to bring you another AFTAH story that illustrates the depravity of man and the evil of organized homosexuality – but since it grotesquely blasphemed Jesus I could not bring myself to post it just days before Christmas. (I will do so December 26.)
The other day I was reading a Christian book and the author named these as the most important words ever spoken:
“Jesus answered [Thomas], ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. Nobody comes to the Father except through Me.’” – John 14:6
As C.S. Lewis wrote, the man who uttered those words is either a lunatic, a liar, or the Son of God (Lord). I believe He is the latter – and I want to know Him better and become more like Him through His grace in 2014. I hope you do, too.
America is in dire straits, as we all know. Good has become evil and evil good (Isaiah 5:20), and apparently believers in Christ are the only group in society that it is OK to ridicule and malign. (See our release on Phil Robertson, and read what the Duck Dynasty patriarch actually said about sexual sin.) So many Americans are “wise in their own eyes,” and as a nation we have not just kicked God to the curb – but are in many quarters defiantly celebrating evils like abortion-on-demand, pornography, fornication and homosexual “marriage.”
And then there is the rise of the Religious Left (e.g., see the mischievously-named Faithful America), which promotes sin in the name of God. Somehow we think that even while blatantly disobeying God’s moral law or relegating Him to the role of sentimental prop, America can remain “the greatest nation on earth.” (We can’t.)
Perhaps like many of you, when I watch those some of the old Christmas movies like It’s a Wonderful Life, I am struck by how America was more innocent as a nation and more good – despite our many shortcomings – than we are today in all our supposed sophistication. I realize that each generation says this about the one before, but no American generation ever approached the rebellion against Nature and its Creator of calling homosexualism “marriage”!
“There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death,” wrote the Psalmist (14:12). This is as important a verse for homosexuals – and all of us dragged down by our sinful “orientation” – as Romans 1:24-27. For as the Apostle John wrote about Jesus: “This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.” (John 3:19)
Politics cannot save us (yet we must resist calls to pull away from it). More conservatives won’t do it (especially when so many are secularists, libertarians – or worse, atheists like S.E. Cupp who crusade for homosexual “marriage”). Republicans, too, fall short — how instructive is it that it is precisely God’s moral dictates that many in the GOP want to jettison (to win elections, they claim)?!
So what will save America? More of Jesus, who turns lives around – lives like Michael Glatze, who went from being an up-and-coming “gay” activist to a maturing Christian and pastor who just married his bride Rebekah in October. The Christ of Christmas is our hope! Join me in making the pledge to get into your Bible in 2014 to pursue a righteousness that can only come from heaven above.
Thank you for standing with AFTAH! We are so blessed to fight for God’s Truth alongside countless Americans like you who value God’s revealed wisdom on sexual morality over the sin-stained ideas and formulations of men. Please pray for AFTAH, and help us with a year-end donation as you are able.
— Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH.org
PS. Your gifts to AFTAH are tax-deductible; to receive a tax deduction for 2013, your gift must be received [i.e., online donations] and/or postmarked before midnight on December 31. Mail your donation to: AFTAH, PO Box 5522, Naperville, IL 60567-5522. Give online HERE.
Monday, December 23rd, 2013
“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?” — Phil Robertson, GQ interview
“Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” — 1 Corinthians 9-11 [Bible verses paraphrased by Robertson in GQ interview (NIV version of Bible)]
[NIV footnote [a]: 1 Corinthians 6:9: The words ‘men who have sex with men’ translate two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts.]
The following are the comments by Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson (founder of the Duck Commander company) in his interview with GQ magazine and reporter Drew Magary — which led to him being suspended indefinitely by by A&E. Following those we have reprinted Robertson’s initial statement in response to the controversy, and also the initial statement by the homosexual activist group GLAAD that stoked the controversy, reported by Huffington Post.
[Click HERE to read AFTAH’s Dec. 19 press release on the matter: “AFTAH Stands with Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson against GLAAD’s ‘Homo-Fascist’ Campaign to Demonize Him”]
Phil Robertson’s Comments in GQ Interview [his comments are bolded]:
“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.” …
“We’re Bible-thumpers who just happened to end up on television,” he tells me [GQ’s Magary]. “You put in your article that the Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let’s get on with it, and everything will turn around.” …
“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong,” he says. “Sin becomes fine.”
[GQ reporter Magary:] “What, in your mind, is sinful?”
[Phil:] “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”
[Magary writing:] During Phil’s darkest days, in the early 1970s, he had to flee the state of Arkansas after he badly beat up a bar owner and the guy’s wife. Kay Robertson persuaded the bar owner not to press charges in exchange for most of the Robertsons’ life savings. (“A hefty price,” he notes in his memoir.) I ask Phil if he ever repented for that, as he wants America to repent—if he ever tracked down the bar owner and his wife to apologize for the assault. He shakes his head.
“I didn’t dredge anything back up. I just put it behind me.”
As far as Phil is concerned, he was literally born again. Old Phil—the guy with the booze and the pills—died a long time ago, and New Phil sees no need to apologize for him: “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”
[Magary:] Okay, so perhaps it’s not exactly shocking that a deeply religious 67-year-old hunter from rural Louisiana would have, shall we say, enthusiastic ideas about what constitutes good Christian morality. That’s the unspoken red-state appeal of Duck Dynasty. They’re godly folk. “Real” folk….
Read the whole story at GQ: http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson#ixzz2o2eujjxZ
Read the rest of this article »
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
AmericansForTruth.org Press Release
Phil Robertson of the popular “Duck Dynasty” show on A&E is pictured second from left on this Parade magazine cover. A&E suspended Robertson after he criticized homosexuality, bowing to a pressure campaign by the “gay” media group GLAAD. The intolerant GLAAD has a long history of trying to shut down conservative speech opposed to the homosexual agenda — including media exposure to successful ex-“gays” — in the public square.
Contact: Peter LaBarbera: 312-324-3787; email@example.com
[Warning: some graphic descriptions of high-risk homosexual anal sex]
[RELATED POST: “‘Gay Rights’ Icon Frank Kameny Tells AFTAH: Bestiality OK ‘as Long as the Animal Doesn’t Mind'”]
Read this release on Christian Newswire HERE
CHICAGO – Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH) President Peter LaBarbera urges Americans to stand behind Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson’s right to free speech – and affirmed his common-sense views on sexual sin and morality as being consistent with historic Christian and biblical teachings. LaBarbera condemned A&E for “caving in to the anti-Christian homo-fascism of GLAAD” (formerly the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) by suspending Robertson.
“There’s far more truth and wisdom in what Phil Robertson told GQ than in the everyday pro-‘gay’ pablum that is pumped out daily by the liberal media,” LaBarbera said. “Indeed, male homosexual anal sex is not just repulsive and wrong, but highly dangerous – contributing to the disproportional link between ‘men who have sex with men’ and HIV and other sexually-transmitted diseases (see below).
“More importantly for the souls of homosexuals, Robertson is exactly right to paraphrase 1 Corinthians chapter 6 in warning that proud homosexuals (like other unrepentant sinners) will not go to heaven, and that we’re living in a culture in which “Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong…Sin becomes fine,’” LaBarbera said. “But like all faithful Christians, as a forgiven sinner himself Robertson knows that Jesus Christ in His grace and divine power can help homosexual men and women leave that sinful lifestyle behind.”
LaBarbera made the following additional points about the Phil Robertson story:
- BIBLE AGREES WITH ROBERTSTON: As Politically Incorrect and offensive to secularists as it may be, the Bible confirms Robertson’s association of homosexual misbehavior with other egregious sexual sins: in the Old Testament Book of Leviticus (chapter 20), the condemnation homosexuality is grouped in between proscriptions against adultery, bestiality, and incest [for more on this see Bible-and-homosexuality scholar Robert Gagnon’s superb site, www.RobGagnon.net].
- GLAAD STIFLES DEBATE: GLAAD, the homosexual pressure group in the forefront of attacking Robertson, has a long history of attempting to shut down speech critical of homosexuality — and demonizing as “haters, bigots and homophobes” those (usually Christians) who speak out against homosexualism or affirm the truth that homosexuals can change and leave the lifestyle. GLAAD regularly lobbies the media to shun conservatives on the homosexual issue – e.g., its 2010 pressure campaign targeting CNN for including ex-“gay” therapist Richard Cohen in a debate segment on homosexuality.;
- MEDIA DOUBLE STANDARD: Why is it that pro-family, Christian conservatives like Robertson invariably become the targets of the politically correct media — while vicious and vulgar homosexual activists like Dan Savage are free to spew the most vile hatred imaginable with barely any critical media glare? Phil Robertson is suspended while Dan Savage – who infamously “re-defined” Rick Santorum’s last name as a by-product of anal sodomy, and joked that to control overpopulation “abortion should be mandatory for about 30 years” – is a liberal media hero. (In fact, Savage, far from being punished for his malicious barbs and antics, was rewarded with his own show on MTV.)
- HOMOSEXUAL HEALTH RISKS: If Americans were to come to understand how truly dangerous homosexual anal sex is, they would demand a full-scale government-corporate campaign to discourage it – especially among young men. For example, the CDC recently reported that 94-95 percent of HIV cases among young men (13-24) in 2011 were linked to homosexual sex. In his book The Ins and Outs of Gay Sex, homosexual Dr. Stephen Goldstone compares the active role in homosexual rectal sex to a “battering ram”: “An anal tear can occur during the initial phase of anal sex precisely because your partner pushes his penis through a closed sphincter. Think of his penis as a battering ram, one for which your internal sphincter is no match.” Goldstone also writes that the “anus is the highest place risk for STDs.” (The “gay” doctor urges condom use, but many homosexual men shun condoms – as evidenced by the widespread availability of condomless, gay “barebacking” pornography in homosexual Meccas like San Francisco.) Another homosexual activist, Jack Hart, writes that “some practices common among gays — especially rimming [oral-anal “sex”] and anal intercourse — are highly efficient ways of transmitting disease.”
- SEXUALLY IMMORAL SLIPPER SLOPE: Robertson was correct again on the slippery slope of sexual immorality: “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he told GQ. Look what has paralleled the advance of proud homosexuality in our nation: greater sexual permissiveness (fornication) in general and growing disrespect for marriage in our “hook-up” culture; the porn-fed promotion of heterosexual anal sex, bringing a new threat to women; websites like “Ashley Madison” that actually facilitate adultery; and an explosion of “transgender rights” that shockingly encourages gender-confused boys to identify as girls and use female restrooms and locker rooms in schools.
- LEFT “JUDGES” FAITHFUL CHRISTIANS: Lastly, Bible-believing Christians are sick and tired of liberal, pro-homosexual advocates (including the Religious Left) telling us how Christians are supposed to believe and speak. Last night on Fox News’ “The Kelly File,” a liberal, Jewish, Democratic activist informed viewers that Christians should not “judge” – even as he used his appearance on Fox to JUDGE and condemn Phil Robertson.
LaBarbera concluded: “Homosexual behavior is wrong, unnatural, often high-risk, but thankfully, changeable – as testified to by the redeemed lives of formerly “gay” men like Michael Glatze and ex-lesbian women like Yvette Cantu Schneider who have overcome homosexuality through faith in Jesus Christ. The Homosexual Lobby in America has morphed into an intolerant and ‘vengeful’ ‘monster in our midst’ – to quote British historian Paul Johnson in describing the growth of homosexual power in the U.K. [see full Johnson passage HERE]. Christians and moral-minded Americans must rally behind Phil Robertson, condemn the homo-fascist ‘Gay Thought Police’ led by GLAAD who regularly pressure the media into silencing moral speech, and demand that an energetic and civil debate on homosexuality be allowed to flourish in this land we call free.”
Wednesday, December 18th, 2013
From de-criminalization of the “great moral evil” of homosexuality to a “powerful, clamouring, threatening, vengeful” Homosexual Lobby
“Thus we began by attempting to right what was felt an ancient injustice and we ended up with a monster in our midst, powerful and clamouring, flexing its muscles, threatening, vengeful and vindictive towards anyone who challenges its outrageous claims, and bent on making fundamental – and to most of us horrifying – changes to civilised patterns of sexual behavior.” – British historian Paul Johnson, The Quest for God
Corrupting Children: As opposed to jaded Americans, Jamaicans are still shocked by the radical homosexual agenda — including pro-homosexual “children’s” picture books like the above, “King & King,” about a “gay” prince who “marries” another prince rather than a princess. Historian Paul Johnson describes how what began in the U.K. in the name of “compassion” for homosexuals (rescinding anti-sodomy laws) morphed into a vengeful “monster in our midst” — the powerful Homosexual Lobby. Today’s homosexual activists will even corrupt the minds and souls of the very young in their desperate quest to rationalize their sinful behavior, which God condemns.
By Peter LaBarbera
Folks, when I was in Jamaica I took time in my presentations to share this compelling passage from British historian Paul Johnson, from his book, The Quest for God: A Personal Pilgrimage. (Hat tip to Paul Cameron of Family Research Institute for bringing this to light.) I have found nothing that better explains the inevitable slippery slope of indulged pro-homosexual activism — from the repeal of anti-sodomy laws (motivated by well-intended but misguided compassion toward homosexuals as “victims”); to demands for “tolerance” of homosexuality; to the steady growth of a “gay rights” movement winning passage of laws granting affirmative “rights” based on sexual perversion (and gender confusion); to homosexual and transgender advocacy in schools (targeting even the very young [see book photo]); and ultimately, to the rise of a powerful, well-heeled Homosexual/Transgender Lobby that achieves dominance in society at the expense of biblical truth, religious tradition, public health and the rights of others to disagree.
Note that Johnson correctly calls homosexuality a “great moral evil” – something I think even many committed Christians – neutered by political correctness and decades of “gay” propaganda – today would have a hard time admitting (to their shame). Johnson, writing in 1996, had not yet experienced the attachment of this moral evil to the noble institution of marriage itself (as is now legal in the U.K and in 16 American states). Sin’s advance – like an insatiable, devouring monster — destroys people and cultures, and displaces virtue with man-centered notions of wrong as right (Isaiah 5:20).
But God’s Truth – our Creator’s standard of righteousness – is unchanged – despite fanatical efforts by religious homosexuals to co-opt even Christianity itself. Like homosexual (mis)behavior, the ideology of homosexualism – proud homosexuality aggressively defended as a “civil right” and moral good – is an egregious sin before God. (For if, as the Word of God teaches, homosexual practice is detestable and always sinful in God’s sight, how can a movement based on condoning and celebrating it be any less so?) [See Leviticus 20:13 (note the context), Jude 7 (a verse liberals conveniently ignore in distorting the meaning of Sodom and Gomorrah), Romans 1:26-27, and 1 Corinthians 6:7-11.]
Of course, we in America have our own arrogant and vengeful “gay” (LGBT) “monster in our midst” — and I warned the Jamaicans that they, too, will have one if they give in to Western powers by opening up the Pandora’s box of homosexual “rights” in their country. The smart and resolute Jamaican leaders and pastors whom I encountered understand the tragic lesson from Britain and the United States: all attempts to appease this self-justifying Sin Movement are doomed to fail, as each concession leads only to further, and more radical, demands.
Jamaican Pastor Rev. Everal Edwards (left) of Church of the Open Bible in Kingston, with AFTAH’s Peter LaBarbera, who was a guest speaker at the church. “Right is right, and wrong is wrong,” said Edwards, in response to international pressure on Jamaica to repeal its anti-buggery law banning homosexual conduct. The law is largely unenforced but repealing it is only the first in a long chain of homosexual activist demands in the island nation.
It was the Irish statesman Edmund Burke who famously said: “Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.” Let us hope and pray that the Jamaicans (and Russians, Czechs, Poles, etc.) succeed at stopping the LGBT juggernaut and avoiding our tragic fate. Please pass on this excerpt to others – especially those who naively – or cravenly – counsel “compromise,” retreat or surrender in the face of escalating homosexual activist demands. – Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth About Homosexuality
Johnson “Monster in our Midst” Passage:
Excerpt from The Quest for God: A Personal Pilgrimage, by Paul Johnson (pages 28-29) [emphasis is added, and for readability I have also broken in half the paragraph beginning, “I believe…”]:
…after a section in which Johnson discusses radical, worldly movements – race, sexual, environment and health politics — that collectively present an alternative to God and traditional religion:
“The radical agenda …with its strong appeal to the idealistic, as well as the materialistic, instincts of mankind, especially among young people, does constitute an alternative religion. Like any other form of humanism, it replaces God by man, and the welfare – or supposed welfare – of man, rather than the worship of God and obedience to his commandments, as the object of human existence and the purpose of society. That, of course, is its defect. The Jesuit theologian Karl Rahner once argued that it is the consciousness of God, the acceptance that there is power outside and above ourselves, to whom we owe allegiance and whose guidance we must follow, which essentially distinguishes mankind from other creatures. If belief in God were ever to fade completely from the human mind, we would not, Promethean-like, become masters of our fate; on the contrary, we would descend to the status of very clever animals, and our ultimate destiny would be too horrible to contemplate.
I believe this argument to be profoundly true, and corroborated by history, and what worries me about the new radical agenda is the danger that it will dehumanise man just as the totalitarian alternatives did, though no doubt in rather different ways. But there are further, related objections. All the items on the agenda lend themselves to extremism. Take, for instance, the issue of homosexuality, an important part of the sexual politics item. There were many of us, in the 1960s, who felt that there were grave practical and moral objections to the criminalisation of homosexuality, and who therefore supported, as happened in most Western countries, changes in the law which meant that certain forms of homosexual behavior ceased to be unlawful. Homosexuality itself was still to be publicly regarded by society, let alone by the churches, as a great moral evil, but men who engaged in it, within strictly defined limits, would no longer be sent to prison. We believed this change to be the maximum homosexuals deserved or could reasonably expect.
We were proved totally mistaken. Decriminalisation made it possible for homosexuals to organise openly into a powerful lobby, and it thus became a mere platform from which further demands were launched. Next followed demands for equality, in which homosexuality was officially placed on the same moral level as standard forms of sexuality, and dismissal of identified homosexuals from sensitive positions, for instance in schools, children’s homes, etc., became progressively more difficult. This was followed in turn by demands not merely for equality but privilege: the appointment, for instance, of homosexual quotas in local government, the excision from school textbooks and curricula, and university courses, passages or books or authors they found objectionable, special rights to proselytise, and not least the privilege of special programmes to put forward their views – including the elimination of the remaining legal constraints – on radio and television. Thus we began by attempting to right what was felt an ancient injustice and we ended up with a monster in our midst, powerful and clamouring, flexing its muscles, threatening, vengeful and vindictive towards anyone who challenges its outrageous claims, and bent on making fundamental – and to most of us horrifying – changes to civilised patterns of sexual behavior.
Here indeed we have sexual politics in action. And, as with other alternatives to God, the result is not human happiness, but human misery. The homosexual community, as they now styled themselves, by their reckless promiscuity during the 1970s and 1980s, helped to spread among their members the fearful scourge of AIDS, a killer disease of a peculiarly horrible nature, for which there is no cure, and no immediate likelihood of a cure….
Thursday, December 12th, 2013
AFTAH in the News – Urge Gov. Walker to reconsider support for ‘Big Gay Government’ ENDA bill
“If Christians are already being persecuted under state and local gay rights laws, why would you support a federal gay rights law which is only going to give the homosexual lawyers more power to oppress people of faith?” — Peter LaBarbera, to One News Now, 12/10/13
Gov. Scott Walker tried to “compensate” for his support of Wisconsin’s marriage amendment by embracing ENDA, a federal “sexual orientation” bill that would greatly add to burdens on businesses and give pro-homosexual/pro-“transgender” activists a powerful new tool to undermine the freedom of Americans to live by their own moral code. Call Gov. Walker at 608-266-1212.
TAKE ACTION: Contact Gov. Scott Walker and urge him to rethink his misguided endorsement of ENDA (the Employment Non-Discrimination Act) — which will only add to the burdens on small business owners and make it easier for government to punish businessmen who oppose “gay marriage” and the the agenda to normalize homosexuality and transgenderism. 1) Call the Governor’s Office at 608-266-1212 (or you can leave a message at his campaign office, “Friends of Scott Walker,” at 608-441-1640); 2) E-mail the governor through his office at firstname.lastname@example.org; or 3) contact Gov. Walker through online Contact Page.
Great Heritage Foundation ENDA resource: go HERE for an excellent report by the Heritage on ENDA [get a printable PDF of the report HERE].
Dear AFTAH Readers,
Like many of you, I’m a big fan of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (Republican). He fought off the Left in that state and enacted some key fiscal reforms that have turned Wisconsin around. But I was stunned to see a Bloomberg Report where the Governor backed ENDA — the pro-homosexual, pro-transgender Employment Non-Discrimination Act — which will vastly grow homosexual/transgender activist power in the United States if it passes the House. (ENDA already passed in the Senate with the help of 10 Republicans; see vote tally HERE.)
There is a powerful push by LGBT activists and “moderate” Republicans to make the Party pro-homosexual. Every conservative I have told about Walker’s statement has been shocked by it — yes, “change” is coming fast and hard in the GOP. All Christians and pro-family Americans (even non-Republicans) should fight those working to erode the Party’s values. Please read this short report from our friends at American Family Association’s “One News Now” and TAKE ACTION TODAY to let the governor know that — perhaps without giving it much thought — he just endorsed a bill, ENDA, that is:
3) A major threat to religious liberty and freedom of conscience in America
4) Big Government liberalism in action.
Follow the “Take Action” steps above and urge Gov. Walker (phone: 608-266-1212) to rethink his position on ENDA! Thank you. — Peter LaBarbera, AFTAH.org
Read it on One News Now: http://www.onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/2013/12/10/enda-plus-traditional-marriage-healthy-balance-of-rights#.UqnTOfRDuHg
One News Now reports [subscribe to O.N.N. Daily News Briefs HERE]:
ENDA + traditional marriage = ‘healthy balance’ of rights?
Chad Groening (OneNewsNow.com) Tuesday, December 10, 2013
In an appearance on Bloomberg TV last month, Governor Walker – whose name has come up in recent discussions as a possible GOP presidential candidate – praised the state’s non-discrimination protections for homosexual workers. The Republican leader also suggested that the U.S. House of Representatives should consider passing a federal ENDA because there have only been “limited problems” with it in Wisconsin. At the same time he also steadfastly defended the state’s ban on same-sex “marriage,” saying Wisconsin has struck a “healthy balance” of rights for LGBT people.
Peter LaBarbera, founder and president of Americans for Truth about Homosexuality, says Walker’s logic is flawed.
“First of all, people – especially Christians – are being persecuted all over the nation under these so-called ‘sexual orientation non-discrimination laws,'” he notes. “So if Christians are already being persecuted under state and local gay rights laws, why would you support a federal gay rights law which is only going to give the homosexual lawyers more power to oppress people of faith?”
LaBarbera hopes the governor will change his position on ENDA.
“I think he’s getting bad advice from the libertarians who basically want the Republican Party to jettison the social issues,” he suggests. “Governor Walker has to see that Christians and pro-family people of faith make up the grassroots conservative army that is the strength of the GOP. And so I hope he still changes his mind on this.”
LaBarbera says it’s sad to see many Republicans selling out when it comes to the homosexual rights agenda. He believes one can’t support ENDA and religious freedom at the same time.
Read the rest of this article »
Americans for Truth
P.O. Box 5522
Naperville, IL 60567-5522
Want to See Every New AFTAH Article?
If you don't want to miss anything posted on the Americans For Truth website, sign up for our "Feedblitz" service that gives you a daily email of every new article that we post. (This service DOES NOT replace the regular email list.) To sign up for the Feedblitz service, click here.
Copyright © 2006-2011 Americans for Truth. All Rights Reserved.